Chapter 10

Luke

I walked down the rocky slope onto the pebbled beaches hearing my feet crunch on the gravelled surface, waves crashed into the shore as my eyes scanned for Eleanor, she had left me a note earlier this morning saying she would be here and I had walked down the road from the Bed and Breakfast we were staying at.
A brisk wind blew and I pulled my jacket around me tighter as I continued my walk.

"Leave me alone!" I heard Eleanor's voice call out.

I walked further down the beach trying to determine where her voice was coming from, suddenly I saw a familiar figure with black hair and a tall strong build, Eleanor was backing away from the younger man, looking panicked.

"Calm down gorgeous" I heard Travis rasp.
Suddenly Travis had Eleanor pinned up against a boulder his hands ran up her body. My heart skipped a beat and rage poured through me as I saw the terror and tears in Eleanor's eyes.
I raced towards them.
I grabbed Travis by his shirt collar and yanked him back, he gave a shout of surprise as my fist met his face and he fell onto the gravel, looking ready to get up and fight whoever had spoiled his plans. He spat blood onto the rocks and paled his green eyes widened as he saw me.

"L-Luke" He stammered. Travis stared up at me, fear in his green eyes.

Travis knew enough of the past to know he could never win against me in a fight and secondly he knew never to pick a fight with me because they mostly ended badly for the other person.

I grabbed him by his shirt collar hauling him up. "If you ever come near Eleanor again I swear it will end badly for you!" I spat.

Travis gulped "I swear I never meant to-"

"Don't lie to me Trev" I snarled and released his shirt collar.

Travis jaw was tight, his green eyes glinted with anger, he struck out at me, I stumbled back slightly before landing him a good few hits, and he stumbled back looking dazed and struck me three times to the face, I felt my lip split.
Our fight continued for a few more minutes until Travis put his hands up and backed out looking wrecked "Okay! I'm sorry Luke I'm so sorry!"

"Leave!"

Travis nodded curtly before stumbling down the beach. I turned to Eleanor who was slumped down on the ground, her head in her hands, her shoulders shaking.

"El?" I questioned concerned.

Eleanor looked up at me through her hair, her turquoise eyes shining with tears. "Luke" She croaked her hands were shaking as she reached for me.

"Shhh baby you're okay" I cooed taking her in my arms, stroking her hair.

She sobbed into my shoulder, her whole body shaking....

Thunder cracked high above, Eleanor's fingers dug into my shoulder blades as she jumped slightly, I glanced around us the sky had darkened and a light rain had started to fall. "Come on El let's get out of this storm."

I pulled Eleanor up with me and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, rubbing my thumb on her shoulder in what I hoped would be a soothing gesture.

By the time we had walked up the beach Eleanor and I were soaked we made our way back across the quiet street walking past various stores that were shutting for the day.

The Bed and Breakfast was quiet as we entered the two storey building gladly avoiding the older woman who ran the joint as we made our way up the flower printed carpet stairs with big brown oak rails on either side. I however hadn't taken into consideration how to avoid Aiden, Col, Brad and Melia. Brad walked down the passageway texting someone his head in his phone and only looked up at the sound of approaching footsteps.