Luke

Luke

I rolled over in the uncomfortable bunk bed of the tiny cabin we were staying in until tomorrow when Unknown moved Melbourne to finish possible demos of tunes. My fingers ached from writing; I groaned and tossed restlessly knowing it was way too early in the morning but that I should probably get up and continue with the lyrics for one of the new songs on the album. God knowns Harrison Kelly, Morris Leigh, Logan Peters and Cohen Alan or Unknown as they were called could change the whole sound of the album and completely screw up what Colin and I had been collaboration with them for months on.
I frowned hearing something crinkle underneath my back. What on earth? I sat up and pulled out a piece of paper and frowned at the writing on the front in the dimness, fumbling for my phone I turned on the torch light and immediately noticed Eleanor's elegant but messy cursive.

Luke

My dear friend. You deserve to be happy and I've decided to put some space between us so we can both heal.
Go and be happy for I can't stand to see you miserable, the misery we both caused with that one argument is tearing me apart inside.
Don't worry about me Luke I will be okay... I'm not sure how long I will be gone a few days, a month, a year? Just know that I'am grateful to you and the lads you turned my world upside down and made me a better person, a happier person.

Love always
Eleanor

I flung myself out of the bunk bed, my heart a race with adrenaline. "Ellie!" I muttered my voice high pitched with panic. This could not be true. Though her bunk was empty; backpack gone, sneakers and coat missing from near the door of the cabin. I ran my hands through my hair and spun around throwing on my jeans and chucking my wallet and phone in my pocket.
"El where on earth are you?" I asked the universe like I expected it to answer, one thing I was certain of Eleanor Morgan was gone and my heart was pounding with anxiousness.

...
I stumbled into the flat feeling weary to the bone after flying 4 hours, then catching a train then bus to the bus stop around the corner from the apartment complex I shared with Aiden, Braden, Eleanor and Colin.
I fell onto the couch knowing the flat was completely abandoned and that Eleanor had not visited here recently.

"Where are you El" I groaned just as it struck me like lightning.

Next to a photograph of Aiden, Braden, Colin and I in London was a small wooden frame stood a photograph of Eleanor and I standing in front of her Uncle George Bella's home laughing at something at around seventeen, Eleanor smiling her eyes a bright turquoise as her messy caramel brown coloured wavy hair fell behind her shoulders in a braid.

Of course I thought you would go home but this place we all share was never really home for you...

My phone buzzed breaking me from my thoughts as I hoped in my car.

"Hello?"

"Luke where the hell are you, Eleanor is missing and you're nowhere to be found!" Aiden screeched into the receiver as I hooked my phone up to the cars Bluetooth.

"Aiden calm down!"

"Calm down! Are you kidding me Harris, where meant to be flying to Melbourne in 2 hours! What am I supposed to tell Unknown and our boss? Sorry but your graphic designer ran away and one of your lyricists is chasing her in a wild goose chase even when she obviously wants to be left alone!" His voice dripped with harsh sarcasm.

"No tell them Eleanor had a family emergency to deal with back home and had to leave urgently and I went with her for support." My fingers gripped the steering wheel tightly in annoyance as I merged onto the highway.

"Luke-"

"For god's sake! Shut up! Just talk to them Aiden!" I shouted, jumping slightly at the harshness in my voice and how loud it was in the confined space of the car.

"Alright geez. Bloody Eleanor has sent everyone bonkers" He stated and hung up.

I breathed out a sharp breathe and moved into the left turning lane, heading through a set of lights which seemed like a small step towards Eleanor.