The Aftermath

Bethany was just waking up. That last thing she could remember was Henry and a very bright light. Just as she completely woke up Dr.Brenner walked in. "Well it looks like someone woke up. How are you feeling?" Bethany was rubbing her head because it hurt immensely. "I want to say that I had a nightmare. But it was so real. Was it truly real Dr.Brenner?" Brenner sat down beside her. "Tell me what you remember." She looked at him and sighed. "Well what I mostly remember is dead corpses and Henry trying to kill Eleven." Something then popped in her head.

"Eleven, is she okay?" "She is okay Bethany. But it seems that she lost part of her memory during the accident." Bethany then looked at him. "So it wasn't a dream was it. It really happened." Brenner held her hands in his. " I'm afraid so. But I am proud of you Bethany. You tried to save Eleven and she is okay." Bethany then looked up at him. She started to cry. "Bethany are you okay." "I'm so sorry Dr.Brenner. Maybe if I had tried harder Henry wouldn't have done this." Brenner then faced Bethany to where she was looking him out in the face.

"Bethany you tried. You managed to save Eleven. You didn't kill the children, your brother did. You did your best and I am so proud of you." She smiled up at him. "Thank you. My only hope was that Henry wouldn't have done this." "I wish that to Bethany. But there is nothing we can do for the dead children. But we can help Eleven if and when your brother comes back." Bethany looked up at him. "What do you mean?" "You might want to see this."

Brenner and Bethany were in the surveillance room looking at the video Brenner watched only hours earlier. By the time Bethany finished watching the surveillance footage she was trembling. "He really said that didn't he." "Yes I am afraid so." "Why?" Brenner faced Bethany. "Ever since you and Henry came here we always observed the both of you two. You were always the obedient one who followed the ruleset. While Henry didn't like to follow them. The thing that concerned us was the fact that every time you had a training session he would injure people because he couldn't see you." Bethany was at a loss of words. "Wasn't he only being protective." "We thought so too. Until it kept happening until it was daily." Bethany looked at Brenner. " I never knew that it was that bad." Brenner got out his chair and walked over to the already standing women. "It was never your fault Bethany. Remember that. You saved Eleven and managed to save a little piece of my project." Bethany finally looked over at Brenner.

"I never regretted the day you came here. I knew when I first looked at you, that you were going to help in enormous ways. This proves it." Brenner then hugged Bethany and she hugged him back.

" Brenner then hugged Bethany and she hugged him back

When the hug finally broke Brenner looked at her. " Now that we have discussed things why don't we go check on Eleven." Bethany smiled up at Brenner. "Yes let's go make sure that she is okay." "Oh and Bethany can I ask you something?" "Yes Dr.Brenner." "let's keep these moments to ourselves. I would greatly appreciate it." "No problem." " I have a feeling that you will always be beside Eleven protecting her." But Brenner didn't know that those words would become reality one day. And that Bethany would indeed stay beside Eleven for years to come.

Brenner and Bethany then went to check on Eleven. What they didn't know was that one day Henry would come back. And not only did he want Eleven's powers, but he wanted his sister back. And he wasn't afraid how bloody it would get. As long as he got what he wanted.