Shuhei Hisagi x Reader

The day was warm and cloudy, almost as if it was going to rain here in the Soul Society. Not much really happened anymore, execpt for the constant appearances of Ichigo Kurosaki, the substitute soul reaper.

You were apart of the 9th Division, along with Shuhei Hisagi. You had met him once you joined the division, and now, it has been about two and a half years. Not much in your relationship has changed, other than the fact that he has to come to your aid almost all of the time.

It's not that you weren't able to take care of yourself, it's that you always end up doing everyone's work, whether it's taking our some hollows, or just cleaning up from time to time. They would always try and pin everything on you. Their mess ups, their work, and whenever you did something good, they would always push you aside and take your hard work and effort for their own. What was the point of being a soul reaper, if you aren't ever slightly acknowledged for the massive amount of jobs assigned to you.

"Hey! (Y/N)! Take care of this for me!" one commanded.

"S-sure." you answered quietly. He smirked devilishly and left you with some cleaning to do. You couldn't say no to anyone, no matter how hard you tried, you ended up being the kind an generous person within.

Taking the wooden broom into your palms, you began to sweep up all of the dirt and the trash that had covered the ground. Sometimes, dust particles would sneak up to your nose, causing you to sneeze multiple times. You then heard the footsteps of more than one person approching your location, getting closer and louder the the last. You stiffened slightly and continued to clean. Finally, they stopped.

Looking up, you saw Lieutenant Izuru Kira of the 3rd Division, and your Lieutenant, Shuhei. They looked quite uneased, maybe by something that had just happened in their recent meeting.

"Oh, good afternoon Lieutenants." you said quickly while bowing.

"Hey there (Y/N). We need to talk with you about something." Izuru said. You were highly confused and looked up at him.

"Uh, I'm sorry sir, did I do something wrong? If so, I'll fix right away!" you exclaimed softly. Shuhei sighed slightly at your comment and closed his eyes.

"No it isn't that. We need to talk with you about the next mission assigned to us. You need to come along with us." he explained. Your expression widened as you heard the words slip out of his mouth. You've never really gone out on a real mission before. None of the others would allow you to. They believed that you would slow them down exponentially.

"Why would you want me to come with you? There are other soul reapers much more suited for the job than myself. I would just slow you down." you explained looking down at your feet. Shuhei was, in fact, getting a bit irritated by the way you had spoken to them, being all quiet and shy, he didn't necessarily find it pleasing, so, he grabbed your wrist lightly and dragged you along with him.

"Just come on. We don't have any time to waste." he said. Izuru followed us in a bit of confusion, but he soon forgot about it as we reached the Senkaimon.

"Wait, we're going to the Human World?" you asked in a normal tone of voice, which caught Shuhei off guard. Instead of entering the Senkaimon like a normal person, he stumbled forward, bringing me along with him. You fell straight in, leaving Izuru even more perplexed than he was before.

You both flipped into the world of the living, landing next to a river just outside the city. It was a hard fall, but somehow you managed not to get hurt too severely.

"Ouch..." you said quietly. Your eyes were shut, so you didn't notice it at first, the faint warmth around you.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" Shuhei asked. You finally opened your eyes, realizing where you were. Shuhei had landed on top of you with his hands firmly planted in the ground with your head in between. You blushed madly, looking at Shuhei, who still hadn't opened his eyes.