6

"So, what do you think?" Wei Wuxian asked Lan Wangji when they entered their new house. But then Lan Wangji caught his waist and turned him around to give him a kiss that was so scorching, it almost melted their clothes away.

"I wonder why you are still talking instead of undressing." He pressed Wei Wuxian's back on the wall and started to open his fly when they heard the sound of something breaking behind them.

"Jesus!"

Lan Wangji stopped what he was doing to see Jingyi was standing behind them with broken plates everywhere.

"Can't you guys find a room or something before you ruin an innocent boy here??" He grumbled while cleaning the broken plates, and then Xue Yang came out of the backyard.

"Nice house you got here, Boss." He ate an apple while walking casually around the house.

And that was when Lan Wangji remembered that he asked for Jingyi's help to take care of the house, from purchasing to filling it with essentials. But he wondered why Xue Yang was here.

Unless…

The next thing that happened was, they all heard the sound of the heavy footsteps coming from the backyard at such speed that caused the house to have a mild earthquake.

They all turned around to see the huge white tiger come running at them at such speed and then jump at them with such a scary expression. She transformed midway to a little girl with long white hair who landed on Wei Wuxian's embrace and gave him a very tight hug.

"Xian Hei, I miss you!"

Wei Wuxian laughed at the name she gave him. She could be so cute like this – unlike back when she ate the man who tried to kidnap him.

"Xiao Bai, do you want to see Xiao Hei? He's still small, but if you want, you can meet him."

The little girl shot out from his embrace and grabbed his cheeks then she looked at him with a very serious expression.

"Is that true? You don't lie to me, right?"

Before Wei Wuxian could reply though, he felt that she was lifted off him by Lan Wangji, and his possessive husband almost threw her away, but she did an acrobatic move and landed perfectly on her two feet.

"Stay away from my husband." Lan Wangji pointed his finger to Xiao Bai – whose gaze turned amused by her uncle's words.

"Such a possessive man, uncle." She pouted and Wei Wuxian laughed.

"Stop it you two. Xiao Bai, please take care of Xiao Hei." Wei Wuxian waved his hand and a small black crow appeared on his hand.

"Xiao Hei, do you remember Xiao Bai? She misses you a lot. Go play with her." Wei Wuxian kissed the crow and he flew toward the she-tiger.

"You do know that Xiao Bai is a fully grown woman who likes to act like a five year old, right?" Lan Wangji frowned. "I love her, but sometimes she truly tests the limits of anyone who comes across her. And why are you here, exactly?" He directed the last words to Xiao Bai – who already played with the crow and giggled like a kid.

"I'm bored." She shrugged. "Heard you're investigating a case? I want in. As an undercover or something. Anything." She pointed her finger at Xue Yang. "Dad also sent the dog to guard me, like I need a bodyguard." She scoffed and hugged the crow.

"What? Does my brother know that she's here?" Lan Wangji talked to Xue Yang now – who sat in front of the couch and watched TV.

"He does. Why do you think I'm here, Boss?" He grinned widely while shoving food inside his mouth.

"I admire his non-changing attitude even when he knows that you're the Absolute King, my liege." Jingyi bowed his head in respect toward Wei Wuxian and mumbled incoherently about how hard it was to teach an old dog a new trick.

But Wei Wuxian only laughed and pulled Jingyi into a bear hug.

"Jingyi, you don't have to be so formal to me. Just call me Xian-gege as usual. We don't want our guests to ask unnecessary questions, right?" He patted h
The younger's back before he let go. "Do you need us to do anything? I could lend you a few hands if you want."

Wei Wuxian snapped his fingers and four crows appeared, and turned into two men and two women with pleasant faces.

Jingyi gaped at how easy it was for Wei Wuxian to do it. And how convenient. If one day he became angry, it was that easy for him to produce an army from thin air, and Jingyi didn't want to imagine that.

"Guys, please help my nephew here with whatever he needs." Then Wei Wuxian turned back to Lan Wangji and took his hand, leading him upstairs. "While I continue to do whatever my husband wants me to do."

"Xiao Hei, do you remember me?" Xiao Bai was still in her child form when she coaxed the crow to change form. She knew that Xiao Hei liked her most in this form, because he could not change his own to the adult one. Before.

Now that he was… reborn, he should be able to do the most basic form-changing spell. Unless he was too young and he hadn't had enough cultivation to do it.

She sighed.

Ever since Xiao Hei left, she felt like there was a hole in her heart that could not be filled by anything. Not performing – which she stopped anyway – not even hunting. She missed Xiao Hei, the only creature who was so gentle and pure and loved her for what she was.

So now, when the crow that Wei Wuxian said was Xiao Hei only tilted his head in confusion, she almost couldn't hold back her tears.

And here she was, hoping that somehow her soulmate was back.

Yes, it was not only her uncle who lost the one they loved back then, she did too. But everyone else was grieving over the man, no one seemed to remember the sweet little boy who meant the world to her except her and her uncle.

She then lowered her head and buried it in between her arms. She just wanted to cry without anyone seeing, not even the little crow who was supposed to be Xiao Hei.

Her uncle got back his soulmate, why couldn't she?

She might have looked fearless, but at the end of the day, Xiao Hei was the only place she could go for comfort, the only place where she felt safe, and fearless. And she didn't know how to go on without him.

She continued to mourn silently, when she felt a big hand touch her hair and then hugged her close. She couldn't see the face but the smell was so familiar, so comforting, she finally let go of her tears.

Then she heard the low baritone voice over her head, the one that she would imagine back then if somehow the boy could grow into a man, and she felt like she was finally home.

"Yuanyuan, I'm home."