15. Christmas Present

The room feels cozy, especially the bed. The color matches with the furniture, and the TV too, if it was mine I wouldn't leave this room for the whole next month.

"You can change into those clothes and I'll go and make a hot chocolate milk for you to warm yourself" Seungcheol put the clothes he brought from his wardrobe on the chair and closed the door after he walked out.

You wonder how I ended up here? The fate got us to meet in the grocery shop. He insisted on knowing why I was still in my school clothes and I had to tell him.

Without hesitation I did as he ordered and sat back on my place looking out from the window. It started snowing. Also the clothes as if they're made for me, my size but a little longer.

All of a sudden I felt sleepy and started dazing off a bit in my sitting position.

.....

"Oh!" I got startled by the thing on my body.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up" Seungcheol put the cover over me and walked to his place. I stayed quiet looking at the ceiling. The warmth this blanket is giving makes me relieved.

I sat properly on the bed and snuggled into the blanket around me. We didn't say anything and I know that each one of us is waiting for the other to break the silence.

"Uh..." I couldn't bear the awkwardness and started talking. "I haven't seen your parents. Aren't they home?" After I asked I felt guilty for butting in in his own personal stuff so I lowered my head and picked up the warm chocolate glass and drank from it quickly.

"Hey-!" Before I could swallow it Seungcheol stood up as if something horrible happened "It's hot, drink slowly" He gave me a bottle of water and stood in front of me. The boy waited then put back the bottle on its place after I finished and sat down beside me. "They have an important assignment to do in the near city so I'll be alone for a while"

He suddenly stopped and mumbled a sentence which I heard.

"The whole holiday?!" I choked up.

"Yeah, but they said they'll keep up with me every now and then so it's alright. I won't die.. " His voice was sad and had a sound of depression. At this time I really wanted to hug him and say that I'm here by his side but I couldn't dare, I don't have the courage to even say simple things like let's hang out together or treat him to something. My dignity can't cooperate with me when it comes to him, I become very arrogant.

I sighed internally. "I'll ask Wonwoo to come over if he's free"

I don't know what got into me to tense like this and shout out "No!"

"Huh?" Seungcheol tilted his head to the side and looked at me puzzledly.

"Ah- actually he has something to do!"

'Do what! Do what??' I panicked at what to say next.

"Do what?"

"It's- you can ask Mingyu he knows" 'Sorry bud, you're the only rescue for me now'.

"You mean.. your friend? What does he have to do with Wonwoo? And by the way, I don't even have his number" The guy leaned to the table and grabbed his phone then opened the chats to check if he have Mingyu's phone number or not.

"Haha, he changed his phone number recently. Unfortunately" I swear if he is more concentrating on my face then he'll definitely know that I'm lying. But thanks God he believed me.

Luckily I managed to change the subject and made him turn his phone off and not asking me anymore about my friend. "Right, why didn't you tell your parents that... uh.. I'm a guy?"

Seungcheol laughed all of a sudden and put his hand on my shoulder "I tried, but they refused to believe" He wiped off his tears and smiled at me widely.
"Wanna play PS?" He asked.

"I don't know. I have to go home soon, maybe my parents are worried where I am. But at the same time I don't want to see them" I seemed unsure and he shrugged it off and got up to bring the game.

"Few turns then go, alright?" His face was showing expectaion and I nodded after some seconds.

He started the device and handed me a controller "Come sit down here, it's more comfortable to play like this"

Without thinking I walked and laid down beside him then covered myself with the blanket. The boy moved closer to my side and covered himself with me. When I looked at him my heart suddenly beat. Looking away, I threw everything away and focused on the game to start.

☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲

"You can come everytime you want, don't hesitate" We was standing at the door as I was wearing my jacket and shoes. He went to the kitchen and came back quickly. In his hand was a small wrapped box written on it chocolate.

He gave it to me and said "Sorry I couldn't bring any better gifts"

I straightened up and looked up and down at him then the box. Should I take it or no. The question kept running in my head.

My phone notification disturbed us as I took it out from my pocket and looked at the time then the sender, it was my mom. She's worried and is asking where am I. I typed a short 'be back soon' and closed it.

"Thanks" I took it and walked out.

"Be careful on your way, and sorry about what happened!" Seungcheol yelled and waited till I was out of sight then went inside.

He had a worried expression, worried that the blonde didn't hear his apology, but actually... Jeonghan really didn't.

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

I'm not satisfied with what I wrote here actually...