35. Unfavorable trip

What's this sound. Who works at this time of hours. The banging was loud as I groaned not wanting to get up. On my side were... Seungcheol, still asleep with that interrupting sound.

'Okaay, if the guys see this their mind will immediately fly away' I shook my head at the thought of the boys knowing that Seungcheol slept beside me.

I covered my ears at the annoying banging coming from downstairs and hurried quietly to open. On the way I tripped by my feet on the stairs and was about to fall down "'am coming!"

The person stopped knocking. When I opened, the one out was a woman, Seungcheol's mother. I gasped and fixed my messed hair quickly but her response crushed my hard work "There's no avail" She pushed me away and walked in looking in the rooms "Where's this sleepyhead"

I smiled nervously and followed her not daring to tell "Um.. he's- he's up" I realized she was in a hurry and panicked that she would walk into my sister and dad's bedroom. I ran and showed her the way "It's here auntie here"

As expected she barged into the room shouting at her son. 'Are all mothers scary like this when they're in a hurry' I remembered my mom too when she used to wake me up to school when I was a kid.

Seungcheol sat up frightened and I quickly apologized to him by signs. He scratched his head and asked the woman why she's here.

"We're leaving in one hour why are you still sleeping"

He was confused and asked to where. "What do you mean where, your auntie's, get up now. And why are you sleeping on the kid's bed is it h-"

"No it's me who told him!" I waved my hands trying to save the boy but I got scolded instead.

"You allow men to sleep with you? Youngsters nowadays" She raised her eyebrow at me before taking her glasses off. She looked at me up and down then walked out "Come down after washing your faces"

I turned to Seungcheol seeing the fake horrified tears on each other's faces then hurried to the wardrobe and took out clothes to wear after showering.

☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲

Until his family finished packing their things the clock has already hit 1pm. Their plan is to spend this week at their relative and fix the problem Seungcheol is trying to get out of. As for me being here, I got dragged in spite of me by his mother. I do doubt my mom telling her something but remembered that she doesn't know about her separation.

Somehow I shivered and my head spinned for a minute as I was standing in the living room beside the door waiting for them to finish checking on the lights and lanterns.

Seungcheol was in the kitchen with his mother and realized that I was unstable, he asked but I refused to tell the truth and delay their travel. The way is 4 hours long and that's enough for them to get tired by to arrive.

At this time, the old man yelled from outside for his family to hurry. The two came running as they threw me out and locked the door behind. I walked with Seungcheol and showed him my expression that I don't want to follow with them, it's a burden.

Seungcheol internally wished that Jeonghan would come with him, he wants his company and support more than seeing his acquaintances but ultimately the choice goes back to his parents. Luckily they know that he'll be home alone until his father comes back which puts a high 50% of them agreeing.

As expected, Jeonghan got convinced to go with them and sat together with Seungcheol on the backseats. Every now and then he feels some kind of bumping in his head and the eyes get blurry for a while. Although the weather is nice to be outside he still got a cold. The first fault he did was when he went with his family without a jacket on, secondly was the shower he took this morning before going out.

He sighed lowly, even the sun rays coming from the windows are  annoying to his eyes. Jeonghan peeked at the two adults in front then closed his eyes and leaned the head back. If he sleep for a little bit perhaps the headache will go.

Luckily the boy got to rest for a while. But what he didn't know was that he made the whole family worried about him. All of them were waiting for him to wake up. Seungcheol for the first time was so intolerant to wait for something and took the initiative to check on him.

"He's warm" He placed his hand on Jeonghan's cheek before looking at his parents. His father quickly found a place to park the car on and stopped there. The woman got out of the car and went to Jeonghan's side. At the sudden open of the door, the wind that brushed on his face and the hands on his forehead woke him up immediately confused. He couldn't utter a word as he felt his head spinning.

"You're sweating" Seungcheol's mom took off the jacket Jeonghan's wearing and handed it to her son. She fixed the guy's hair and tied it lightly with the scrunchie that was on her hair. "Lay down to feel better dear" She covered him with her long coat and went back to her seat. "I can't understand why they let him alone"

"He didn't want to go mom"

"Even though, if it was me I'll put you the first one to leave. What if something happens to him? I've long since known his mother, she's adventurous and careless"

Talking about his mother, my mom still doesn't know that she left already. Last time she was asking me about her because she's not answering my mom's calls. What am I going to tell her, it's nothing that should be public even if they've known each other for too long.

I looked at the sleeping boy on my lap and suddenly felt like giving him a kiss. My hand traveled to his head as I threw my thoughts away and realized dad looking at me from the inside rearview mirror, he was worried and curious at the same time. I felt uneasy and asked mother if she has painkiller pills.

On the next hours of the way they kept talking about me and my cousin. I didn't want to hear that and closed my eyes to sleep.

☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲

When the family arrived the two boys were still asleep. Seungcheol heard the noises outside but was too lazy to open his eyes. It's already noon and the sun is about to set down soon.

Out of nowhere a little girl peeked into the car and asked about the two inside. Seungcheol's mother laughed and explained to her.

"His friend?" The auntie emphasized the last word doubting the way they're sleeping in.

"His family is out of the country and got sick today so we volunteered to take care of him"

The mothers expressions softened at the conversation of this. "Outside the country? Poor boy"

"I don't know Seungcheol never tell me anything"

"This naughty, let's continue talking inside come in. Miyeong! wake the boys up and come in otherwise they'll catch a cold"

☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰

I dunno if it's easy to see whose POV it is. If not then I can write whom in front of each one.

Thanks everyone!
Have a good day