Chapter 1

Narrator

They were happy.

      Everything was so perfect. It was smoothly going well. They were very happy, indeed. They all got what they wanted: Takemichi Hanagaki.

      He was theirs until death do them apart. Well, at least that's what they thought. Little do they know—their Takemichi wasn't really happy with anything that was happening.

      Yes, he saved them and all; he got a happy and the best yet future when he came back. Everyone was alive, they were all smiling, everything was sufficient. All his hard work, his blood that he shed for them, every single drop of sweat, all the dark moments he'd been through were all worth something.

      He was happy, well, he should be. But it was not supposed to be like this, not like this.

      They're way too obsessed with him. They'd do anything to get the hero's attention, may it be killing, kidnapping, torturing, doing drugs, and all that you could imagine a criminal organization would be doing.

      Even his most trustworthy friend, Naoto Tachibana, was involved in those kinds of things.

      They have gone too far and Takemichi had decided to run away, far where they cannot reach him.

      Everything was perfect until they ruined it. They loved him. He's done everything for them and this is how they'll repay him?

      Then when the news got to them that their beloved one was married and has children, they snapped. They were gonna kill whoever stole their hero from them; maybe do something even worse and monstrous to that person.

Takemichi

I jolted awake. I looked around my room with wide eyes while catching my breath.

      What was that? I asked myself in my mind. Yamagishi entered the room, looking as wild as me.

      "What happened to you?" Yamagishi asked me.

      "Nothing," I answered, "What happened to you?"

      "Oh, this? Nothing. A cat just wrestled with me." The boy in the glasses replied to me.

      "Hey, Yamagishi, wanna hear what I just dreamt about?"

      "Ooh~ a lewd dream coming from our dear innocent boy," Yamagishi teased.

      I just rolled my eyes and begun telling my story. The other one was really interested. He kept saying that that was my past life.

      "That's absurd. Why would you even believe something like that?" I said to him.

      "Well, you don't know that..." He bumped shoulders with me.

    "Takemichi, are you in here?" Someone knocked on the door, revealing a boy with shoulder-length natural blond hair. It was my childhood friend, Takuya.

      "Ah, sorry, Takuya. I'll be there in a minute," I beamed a smile at Takuya, "Yamagishi get off of me!"

      I pushed the Mikey wannabe—though I've never seen him before—to the floor. Yamagishi winced at my doing and got pulled out of the room by Takuya.

      After getting changed, I got out my room and head out to go see my friends—but of course I didn't forget to lock my door before drifting off.

---

We were walking to school when we heard a girl calling out my name. From a distance, I could see a small figure running towards us. When it was closer now, I could see a girl with peach-hair and matching eye color. She has a mole just under her mouth.

      "Ah, Hina, you could've waited for us in school," I said to her.

      "Good morning, Tachibana-san," Akkun said to Hina.

      "Good morning, Sendō-kun," Hina replied with a smile. She finally looked at me and answered, "Well, I couldn't wait. Besides..." Hina looks at me mischievously. I feel like my stomach just curled itself.

      "You promised me," She whispered to me. I looked at her questionably. She sighed and the others are just staring at us both.

      "You promised you would go shopping with me today with Emma-chan." Hina puffed her cheeks out angrily. This made her look cute.

      "Ah, right. I forgot. Hehe..." I scratched my cheek. Emma-chan is Hina's new friend, though I haven't met her yet, she seems to be very nice. Hina would always go home in her apartment with presents from the girl. And whenever I ask Hina how's her hang out with her new friend, her cheeks would just go red and she would always change the topic. So I thought something was wrong between the two of them. I'll see when we go shopping later.

---

Classes are done and I bid my goodbyes to the Mizo Mid Four and walked away with Hina beside me. Supposedly, we were going to meet up with Emma-chan at the mall, but when we got there, she wasn't there. (Now, Hina is punching the air because seemingly Emma-chan ditched her.)

      "H, Hina! Calm down. Maybe she's late?" I told the girl, calming her down.

      "She's never late! She's always the first one to arrive!" Hina fussed.

      "Well, maybe something urgent came up?" I said to her (questionably).