Chapter 10

Takemichi

Hanging out with Chifuyu-kun was fun. His mom and I baked ‘til I got the recipe right. It was fun even though I almost burned the kitchen down.

    Mrs. Matsuno is easy to be around with. I really wish I could bond like this with Mom. But that’s okay, I know she’ll come back. She will.

    I said goodbye to Mrs. Matsuno, she gave me the remaining cake that we both baked. Chifuyu-kun offered to walk me home which I accepted. They’re both really nice people.

    “You should come to my place some time,” Chifuyu-kun said that day.

    “I will. But I won't be coming to see you, it would be Mrs. Matsuno and Peke J.” I proudly announced to him. He chuckled at that.

    When we got to my house he patted my head. He seemed to space out a little.

    “Oh,” he said, “we forgot to do your homework.”

    We stared at each other for a few seconds and laughed it out.

    “Then, I’ll definitely come next time for you to tutor me.”

    “Haha, sure.” He put his hands in his pockets. “Uh, I should go back now.”

    “Ah, okay. Take care on your way back,” I said. He looked at me for a moment and smiled.

    “Yeah.” And he walked away.

    ...Ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting, ting!!

    “...Ugh...”

    Ting, ting, ting, ting!!

    “Shut up...”

    CLANG, CLANG, CLANG!!!

    “TAKEMICHI! WAKE UP!”

    I open my eyes only to see Makoto at the foot of my bed, holding two cymbals. Luckily, my leg is long enough to kick his baby maker, ignoring his cries.

    I get up and walk to the bathroom. I look into the mirror, and I look so...

    I run back to my room and opened the door. I see Yamagishi and Makoto snickering when they saw me.

    “Who did this to my face?” I yell at them.

    Makoto points at Yamagishi, “He did.” Yamaguchi had an offended face on and punched Makoto on the back. “Ow!”

    I hear a clattering sound from the kitchen. A raccoon? I go there to check what's up and it was only Takuya who dropped a spoon.

    “Oh, Takemichi! Sorry, I just—pfft!” Takuya is covering his mouth; stopping himself from laughing.

    I roll my eyes, “Yeah, yeah. Go on. Laugh all you want, I don't care.”

    “I'm sorry, it's just that—who did that to you?”

    “You know who, it's obvious.” I sigh, taking a seat on one of the stools.

    “Who though? I don't know ‘cause there’s two of them,” Takuya picks up the spoon on the ground.

    Akkun walks into the kitchen with a plastic bag with him. He puts it on the counter table and Takuya looks in it.