Chapter 8

Chifuyu

Takemichi Hanagaki... What a precious man. I pity him for what his mother did, leaving him like that for a guy... pathetic.

    There was a boy sitting near the baseball field, crying silently. I approached him, but made sure I didn't scare him away.

    His hair is blond, his eyes are... beautiful. They're so blue—I don't think I've ever seen that color before. (Obviously, I've seen the color blue, but not that blue.)

    I asked him what was the reason that he was crying and he just stayed silent. And I began to feel stupid for asking such a personal question and said sorry to him.

    But when he opened his mouth to speak not a single word came out, I told him he didn't need to tell me anything, but he refused.

    He told me what happened at home, what happened with his dad and all those I shouldn't be listening ('cause it's too personal for me).

    When he calmed down a bit we introduced ourselves. He was getting a tad bit comfortable with me. I look into his eyes and stared for a moment. Shit..., I thought.

    “Chi, Chifuyu-kun, are you alright?” Hanagaki waved his left hand in front of me.

    “Hm?”

    “Oh, it's just that... We have to get going. You know, classes aren't over yet, so,” He started to get up from the stool and lent me a hand.

    I took the hand and got up and walked beside him on the lawn (or campus or field—whatever you want to call it.) We talked until we got inside of the building.

    “Um, so this is where we part our ways, I guess,” He said to me; scratching the back of his head.

    “It's not like we're not going to see each other again,” I said, chuckling. I saw him get embarrassed. “See you later, Hanagaki!”

    “Ah, okay. By the way, Chifuyu-kun! Call me Takemichi.”

    While walking away, I said, “Okay.” I didn't realized he was already calling me by my given name until I got to my classroom.

---

    Days have past since we met and I still haven't seen him then. It was during break time when one of my classmates said that someone was looking for me, and then I saw Hanagaki, I mean, Takemichi waiting for me by the door.

    I go to him when one of my friends tease me about Takemichi being my... Yeah!

    Takemichi asked me for help for his Math homework. Does he thinks I'm smart? Wow, I'm flattered, I thought to myself. He said he wants to meet with me at the library on lunch period, and I agreed quickly, then he went back to his (class) room.

    I was too excited to listen to my teacher's discussion after that talk we made.

Manjiro

I am at my house with Shin-nī, Emma, and Gramps. Akashi is here with us today along with Ken-chin.

    “So...,” I say to Akashi. He looks at me blankly.

    “So what?” He says back; rolling his eyes hard at me. I swear if he does that again, I'll make sure it doesn't go back to its place, his eyes I mean.