Chapter 5

Takemichi

After being tortured by Hina, we both fell asleep still on the call, not wanting to end the call.

    "Takemichi, wake up! You're going to be late for school again!" Mom shouts from the kitchen.

    When there was no response, she rushed in my room and yelled at me.

    "I'm up, I'm up," I say, getting up from the bed.

    "Your breakfast is ready. Go shower and come down quick, okay? And don't forget to lock the door, I'll be coming home late again," and with that, Mom kissed my forehead and left for work.

    I sigh while picking up my towel; I looked at the mirror and saw Mom left a lipstick mark on my forehead. I quickly rub it clean. Took a shower, and put on my uniform. Went downstairs and ate my breakfast. Her cottage pie's the best! I went back to the bathroom to brush my teeth and left.

    I see Takuya walking towards my direction so I ran to him. I hugged him while pretending to cry. I hear him sigh and pat the small of my back.

    "Let me guess. Something happened when you were hanging out with Tachibana-san?" Takuya guessed it right, so I nodded.

    "My poor Takemichi. There, there," Takuya let out a long sigh and comforted me.

    I giggle, "My mommy Takuya," I hug him tighter. And I swear to God, I saw him blushing.

---

    Lessons were over and the teacher asked if we had any questions he needed to clarify. And when there was nothing to do anymore, he left the classroom, but before he could even reach the sliding door, one of our classmates said that we had homework in his subject that was due today.

    All of the students groaned at this and some even threw things at him. Makoto threw his bento which was a waste. He's such an idiot. And at lunch period, he kept on whining that he has nothing to eat and Akkun gave him a grain of rice. (Yes, a grain.)

    Out of pity, I shared my lunch with him, which later on, he kept calling me "master" (not in a pervy way, though.)

---

    Hina was waiting for me at the entrance gate. I promised that I would walk her home. I apologized to her for being late and started walking away with her by my side.

Atsushi

    "Do you think that they're dating?" Yamagishi asks looking back at Takemichi and Tachibana-san.

    "It is a possibility," Makoto said back.

    Yamagishi looks at Takuya and nudged his elbow to his arm, "What do you think, Takuya?"

    "Well, they'd look good together," Takuya looks down at his feet. Regretting saying that.

    "How about you, Akkun?"

    I just rolled my eyes and dragged Yamagishi, "Whatever. Mind your own damn business, will ya!"

Takemichi

    We stopped by a nearby convenience store, and bought popsicles and sat on a bench just in front of the store.
Hina got a "winner" at the end of her popsicle stick so she went and bought another one and ate it on the way back to her apartment.
    When we reached our destination, we bid goodnight to each other and I started to march back at home.

...

    "I'm home!"

I take off my shoes and go upstairs to my room to change my clothes. After doing that, I lie on the bed and let out a relieved sigh.

    I miss my bed so much.

    I shift my body facing the wall and started to doze off. For a few minutes, I heard Mom downstairs, so I went down to greet her.

    She looks tired. I went to give her a water to drink which she accepted.

    "So, what do you want for dinner?" Asked Mom. I was humming while putting on a thinking pose.

    "I think cheeseburger, yeah?" Mom suggested and went to the kitchen.

    "Yeah, let's do that," I replied and sat on the couch to watch random shows while waiting for Mom. And when she was done, we sat in the dining table and ate. I washed the dishes so Mom could rest for the night.

    "Thank you, sweetheart," Mom said and kissed my cheek.

    I hum in reply and finished the dishes. After I was done, I took a hot bath and slept.

 After I was done, I took a hot bath and slept