Chapter 19

I've been at Professor Hudson's now for two weeks. I picked up some of my stuff from Emile's about a week ago. Not all of it as I don't have the storage room but just enough clothes, what sentimental items I have and my photography stuff.

The program starts tomorrow. I still have those pictures of Scamacca on my camera but I never ended up sending them, it's never really seemed the time. In my portfolio I have some pictures of me and Emile. I used to take pictures of him whenever he'd let me, I was infatuated by him. I drag my finger slowly over this one picture of him. It's nothing spectacular just him in a plain shirt smiling, just Emile. I remember when the picture was taken. It was the day we first moved in together, little did we know we'd timed it so that we'd be together during the lockdown. Whilst Emile had known I did photography he didn't realise how much equipment i'd bring with me. He asked me to take a picture of him. "capture me like one of your french girls". I miss that Emile so much. Looking at it I try not to think back into who we were.

And it's for that exact reason Mrs Hudson has told me to get ass in gear and get back on the market.

I've not talked to either Emile or Gianluca since I've been here. Gianluca's messaged me a few times but I never know what's going to come if I respond, i'm still fairly angry at him. Me and Emile exchanged pleasantries when I picked up my stuff, all he wanted to know was that I had somewhere to stay and I assured him I did.

Mrs Hudson was telling me of her old days. Ms Briette Sandram was quite the player she assured me which is why she gave me her 'hot shot' dress, I wanted to sink into the floor when she used that phrase but I have to remember that it was the 90's. I'll admit I looked hot and the red of the bodice accented my skin quite well. She told me I had to get back on the town so that's what I'm doing. She said she saved the dress on the chance she'd have a daughter but she's glad she got a chance to hand it down. 

Milly, a friend I've tried to keep since the breakup, is here with me. However she's sworn to secrecy because the last thing I want is for Emile to want to show up. Maybe I'm playing with fire but I don't want to give up my friendship with Milly. It broke me enough to realise i'd have toilet go of Bukayo and Kieran, they're like little rays of sunshine.

We're at a club having quite a fun night. Mainly dancing with one another, her having a boyfriend and me not sure wether I want to entertain any sort of thought.

"May I have this dance?" A husky voice asks in my ear, I look down at a tatted arm knowing exactly who's behind me.

"I don't know stranger, who's asking?" If I were drunk I may have a better mind to tell him to fuck off but I want to see where he'll go with this. Whilst there may be no alcohol in my system his smell and his heat is intoxicating enough. His arm now snaked around my waist.

"What's gotten into you?" I say turning to look at him.

"Are you going to answer my question?"

Once I give a look to Milly showing I'm okay she notions to me she's good and to go with him.

"Are you drunk?" I say as his demeanour is more relaxed and yet more cocky then ever.

"No" he lowers his head so he can speak to me and me only "Relieved" he grabs my hand and places a gentle kiss on the skin. He uses the grasp on my hand to pull my closer.

"You haven't been responding to my messages" his voice rings in my ears, our bodies pressed quite closely together. His lips grazing my ears.

I raise my hands to grasp his jaw and whisper in his ear.

"What did you want to hear?"

From across the room what we're both blissfully unaware of is the picture being taken of us, of him really, and being plastered all over Twitter.