Chapter 17

- Scamacca POV-

This morning bring joy and sadness. Her arms still wrapped around me, I feel her breath on my neck. She looks peaceful, not like last night, last night she looked like she had lost every part of her.

I sigh, heavily, I know when she wakes up she has to deal with the events of last night and I don't know how to help her. All I've done so far is fuck stuff up for her, I can't imagine she'll want to keep me around much longer once this is all over.

I take a moment to look at her and take in all her features. If someone asked me to put it into words I just couldn't, she's just beautiful.

I know within a moment or two she'll wake up. Once she does that will probably be it. I have to prepare myself for the likely eventuality that this could be the last time I see her.

I take this moment to allow myself to fantasise, that she's wants me and that she chooses me. That maybe one day we could be together. That she's not in pain, that she can forgive me. That maybe one day we'll be like this again, in other context. But this isn't anything I can ask for. A girl like her has a certain magic that just makes anyone fall in love with her, I wouldn't blame her for picking someone else over me.