Chapter 23

"So where do we go from here?" He asks with his arms around me. I'm in his bed. We're all snuggled together, I don't know where we go from here.

"Do we have to know just yet?" I sigh looking in his big brown eyes. Gianluca looks so beautiful in the moonlight.

"Maybe not" he starts shuffling to rest on his shoulder to look me in dead in the eyes "what would you say if I said I wanted to take you out to dinner? When is the first project due? let's celebrate"

I giggle lying my head on his chest.

"It's not due for two weeks. But you don't have to take me to dinner"

"I don't have to do anything. I want to take you to dinner. You're not a tough task, I want you in my life"

I don't think I fell, I sank for him. It scares me.

"Let's talk this over in the morning. I need to get back to Mrs Hudson's" I shift to move off the bed.

"You don't want to spend the night?"

"It's not that. I just have to get back" I scratch my neck.

I don't want to dive in too quickly, not when I've just gotten out of my last relationship.

"Sorry" I say looking back at him. He takes my hand and kisses it. Softly. We both get it, I hope. I don't want to leave the warmth of him. Even now having moved away I feel a chill down my spine.

Scamacca POV

I lie in bed alone after she left. I worried she doesn't realise what I feel for her. Or she thinks it's superficial. After finding out she went back to Emile after the breakup I wanted to go around to his and beat him up but part of me also wanted to cry at the thought. I want her to realise she's worth so much more than what she got in that relationship. But can I even give her that? I know I want to.