Chapter 10

This morning is different. I'm wrapped in his arms. I shuffle to turn and look at him. He must've forgotten to take his razor with him to Switzerland as he's got some stubble growing in.

Then I remember what it felt like last night as he kissed me and I can feel the stubble on my face as I think about the night that had ensued Emile coming home after a win against Zurich.

I run my thumb over his top lip and he stirs awake.

"Good morning sweetheart" he says in his low morning voice. He's got a dopey grin on his face.

"Did you sleep well?" I ask as he rolls to be on top of me, I giggle at the brashness, my sweet Emile. I look at his tattoos. I run my fingers over them and look at them when he takes my lips with his and engages us in a kiss. He deepens it as I continue to run my fingers over his tats.

"Like what you see?" He comes up air as he asks me and shoots me a wink. My answer gets caught in my throat thinking about what happened in the studio a few days prior, the likeness to now.

"Yeah, sorry I've never looked so closely at your tattoos" a smile breaks on my lips as nervs shoot through my mind.

"That's okay baby" he moves to sit next to me and flexes his arms to show them off "you can have a look if you want" I giggle, again, from nervousness.

"What are we gonna have for breakfast?" I say as I turn away from him to get up from the bed. I see last nights clothes on the floor and remember to wrap myself in a blanket before making my way to the en-suite.

The day has a slow burn to it. He's spent most of the day playing FIFA, I don't blame him it's his day off.

Xhaka came round at maybe 1 to pick up those boots he'd talked about.

Emile is no longer ghosting me or avoiding me now it just feels as though we have nothing to say to one another.

I start to think about tomorrow, the party at Saka's, being his little trophy. The serenity that comes with the idea of sham adoration shouldn't satisfy me but it does. I don't want to let go of him because i'm scared of the ensue but then again maybe i'm just waiting for the day he admits he doesn't love me anymore. I keep thinking about "it's between us and only us, for now?".

I shouldn't be mad at him for keeping a secret when i've been doing the same with Gianluca but I still want to know whats being hidden. I'm not mad just curious.

I put myself back into the real world because if I spend a minute longer in my head I am actually going to go mad.

"So for the party tomorrow" Emile says to me as he walks into the kitchen. My head shoots up quickly, almost getting physically pulled out of my own thoughts.

"Should we get there for 6, maybe help a little before it gets too heated and heavy?"

"Yeah sure. Heated and heavy? Who exactly did he invite?" I enquire, curious to if it's just close friends or more.

"Well" he starts as you can see his brain trying to think "Uhm, all the boys and their girlfriends, he's invited a few of the england boys and they've all got plus ones. As far as I know it's not a small gathering" he grabs a water out of the fridge and takes a gulp "don't worry though babe I won't let you leave my side, you won't be lonely"

The sernity.