Chapter 16

-Emile POV-

I wake up the next morning in my bed. The first thing I see is the window with the morning sun. Then I turn with a sharp reminder.

She didn't come home. Everything that happened last night was real and not just a bad dream. I know I told her not to come home but now I don't know where she is, or if she's safe.

God I've been a dick.

She has a key, she may come home. She should've already by now. Maybe she's downstairs? Who am I kidding? Lord knows why she would be. I think I really have lost her this time round.

But I have to know if she okay. I pick up my phone and ring Bukayo.

"Hey man sorry about last night do you know where y/n went?"

Now his friend is in a moral dilemma. He doesn't know where y/n is but he knows who she might be with but it may be the tipping point of Emile turning things ugly.

"Uh no. She left, she didn't come back. But a few people went looking for her. Don't worry I'm sure she's safe."

"Thanks mate. I'm so sorry for last night I don't know what got into me. It's just I guess I didn't think we had secrets except 'that one'. Everything he said was right wasn't it?" I say to Bukayo down the phone and I guess to myself really as I've not sat down yet and thought over what had happened.

"I mean you could've done things differently in the relationship" Bukayo is taking things slow, he doesn't want to hurt my feelings I guess "but there's nothing that can be done about that now. Apologise to her when you see her. I'll check to see if anyone found her. But for the love of God don't lose your rag again"

We hang up.

I've fucked up. Hopefully there's something in the grapevine about where she is and I can apologise. I don't even know what to say to excuse my behaviour.

I open the draw next to my side of the bed. There's a small box. I open it to look: a silver box, lined with purple velvet, a silver ring with small gems lining the whole way round the band.

I was going to ask y/n to marry me. I wanted her to be mine. I think about how I would've done it.

I planned it that we would've come home last night after the party, I would've taken her into the living room and turn on maybe one or two lamps to make it soft and subtle and then I would've gotten down on one knee and asked. She would've said yes and then maybe we would've shared it with the world. Once she was mine.