Chapter 10

If you haven't read the manga, please ignore the extra dialogue after the words bolded in black, in italics and underlined. Thank you.

Final Chapter:

Be with me.

Few hours prior.

Tanjiro sat on his bed and yawned. Gazing out the window, it was morning, and for the first time in his life, he had woken up late. Afraid of peeking at his bed, his attention was on his phone as a notification popped up.

'Tᴀɴᴊɪʀᴏ Kᴀᴍᴀᴅᴏ, ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟᴏᴡ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴘʀᴇssᴜʀᴇ. Hᴇʀᴇ'sʟɪsᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴅᴏ'

He sighed as he swiped the notification; Tanjiro took off the smartwatch wrapped around his wrist and put it inside the drawer. He laid back down on his bed and started to breathe in deeply.  'Three... Two... One...' Tanjiro rolled over and sneakily tried to land his foot on the floor. As he tried not to make a sound, his foot made a slight thud sound as he stood on the floor. Tanjiro continued walking as the floor creaked.

"Why's it so loud the time I want to be quiet..." He grumbled as he walked over to his bedroom door. As his hands reached out for the nob handle, he fell onto the ground breathing heavily. There's one thing that he had been hiding from everyone except his family. 

He had been diagnosed with low blood pressure a year and a half ago. This was taking a huge toll on Tanjiro's body. The fact that Hanahaki would be life-threatening for anyone who came in its path, within our protagonist, everything was worse. In fact, this most likely meant Tanjiro would have to be dead right now at the exact moment! 

Or so people think. For some reason, he's managed to survive this life-threatening situation and may not execute the right decision for himself. It was only a matter of time until he had to choose between life and death. 

Tanjiro quickly got himself up and locked the bedroom door. As he tried hurrying toward the bathroom, he instantly felt dizzy. Tanjiro fell onto the floor as he desperately gasped for air. Beads of sweat formed as he tried to get himself together. 'Breathe... Breathe... Breathe...' Tanjiro thought to himself as he tried getting his breathing patterns under control. Instantly, he felt pain-piercing pressure within his lungs as he coughed violently onto the floor.

The white rug that stood around his bed as decoration was now stained with blood. His blood. Tanjiro fell onto his pool of blood as he desperately tried crawling to his dresser to grab something.  Tanjiro quickly opened the drawer while he grasped desperately onto the sides of the bed and drawer. He fumbled around frantically as he tried to grab the object he wanted. Soon enough, he felt his smartwatch and quickly grabbed and put it around his wrist. 'Hurry...' He felt the revolting urge to vomit as he fell back onto the ground

Tanjiro continued to cough in agony as he check his smartwatch. 

"Crap, 30..." He cursed under his breath as he used all his strength to get up from the floor. He locked himself in the already blood-stained bathroom and violently vomited out cherry blossoms covered in blood. The metallic taste was what he hated. He felt himself gag at the tangy taste in his mouth.

Tanjiro's body couldn't hold onto much longer... 

He quickly passed out.