Christmas Special: P1

-

Special Chapter:
Gifts

-

"Uh, yeah! It's just hard to encounter something he likes!" The person on the other side of the phone sighed.

"Nii-san, I'm sure he'll love anything you get." Tanjiro groaned in annoyance at his sister. She did not help him at all. Tanjiro resumed driving down the highway. Quietness filled the air while the two siblings remained hushed.

"So... How is Akito doing?" Tanjiro hummed in response, a smile plastered across his face.

"He's fine. Akito has a basketball talent," Nezuko hummed as she imagined him playing basketball at such a young age. Tanjiro kept his gaze focused on the road while they had a conversation. It had been a long time since they had last seen each other. After all, Nezuko had moved out of Tokyo.

Tanjiro pulled into his residence driveway and sat in the car, speaking to his young sister.

"I have to go now, bye Nez!" Tanjiro smiled as he hung up the call. A soft sigh escaped from his lips as he walked out of his car. Slowly, he walked into his home while locking the door behind him.

The door made a sound throughout the quiet residence. He silently crept into the living room on the left as he felt arms wrap around him. Tanjiro paused as he tilted his head to look at the person hugging him. A soft grin spread across his face as he embraced his wife back.

"Sorry for coming home so late, Kanao..." He whispered in her ear. A slight blush crept upon her face while she hugged her spouse tightly.

"It's fine..." She muttered in response. Tanjiro hummed as he let go of the hug, slightly yawning. It had been a long day for the young man as he was trying to find gifts for his family. Tanjiro sat on the couch as his wife joined him.

He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her onto his lap as he hugged her from behind, gently kissing her. Kanao giggled at his actions. She had always been so fond of Tanjiro... She was very much happy that she got to call him hers.

The couple sat in silence as they continued showering each other with kisses. As they were in the middle of making out, someone came into the living, disgusted.

"Nii-san, you shouldn't do this in the living room. Akito could appear whenever he wants," Takeo annoyingly said. Tanjiro and Kanao blushed in embarrassment as she got off his lap. Takeo turned his attention toward a small child tugging at his shirt. Takeo softly smiled as he picked up the young child into his arms.

"I'm taking Akito out tomorrow!" Takeo gleams. Tanjiro chuckles and turns his attention to his wife.

"What do you think about this, Kanao?" Kanao sighed while a soft smile plastered upon her face.

"Sure," She replied. Takeo and Akito shared a glistering smile while they walked back upstairs.

Tanjiro lets out a soft sigh before getting off the couch. He stretched his arms before turning toward Kanao.

A smile plastered upon their faces as Tanjiro held out his hand.

------------------

Tanjiro ran around, searching for the gift he bought for his son.

"Seriously? How could you not remember where you left it?" Hanako questioned with her arms crossed.

Tanjiro paused in his tracks as his glasses slid off his face a bit.

His head tilted, turning his attention to his youngest sister.

"Did you guys hide it? I can't find it anywhere-Hey, Hanako!!!"

Hanako stuck her tongue out while she walked away. She had no time for helping him. Hanako has a party to attend!

Takeo walked behind his older brother and spoke,

"She's 17 and living her best life..." He joked. Tanjiro sighed at the comment.

"It somehow feels like you're shading me..." He muttered to himself while walking away. He searched around his old room, hoping it'd appear out of nowhere!

He turned at the clock on his old desk.

"22:57," He groaned in annoyance. It was Christmas eve and he somehow lost his son's present.

.

.

Oh, how great it will be to explain to his wife...!