Entry 51: Special Delivery

The commander was making good use of his break time.

"I wonder, Alex, do you enjoy being buried under your wife like this?"

"I think you know the answer."

The commander was sitting down on his couch, with King George V sitting on his lap. It was technically an awkward proposition, considering how she was bigger than he was, but he enjoyed the feeling all the same- it was something he wished he could do indefinitely, though there were certain physical and practical realities that prevented that from happening. She was sitting sideways in his lap, which made it easier for him to know where his hands were going. One of his arms was around her waist, and the other was stroking over one of her bare thighs, though he knew not to stroke too high. Going under her skirt signaled a commitment he couldn't back down from- he wasn't done with his workday, and he couldn't afford to spend the rest of it exhausted.

She leaned against him as she was held. "Doing this sort of thing will be much easier once we're living together. Any idea when everything will be ready?"

"Probably soon." His other hand went to rubbing her middle- she seemed to appreciate that as much as Atago or any of the more dog-ish ships. "All of the heavy construction is complete, and soon we'll have a few more rooms available to us- it'll be an actual home rather than just the place where the weird commander does paperwork."

King George V closed her eyes after receiving those rubs. "...Monarch says she'll live with Howe. Perhaps you already knew, but it is a relief for me to know, as well."

He knew what this was about. King George doted on her youngest sister, even if Howe did occasionally bristle at the sort of attention that her eldest sister gave her. She was the most concerned with Howe's well-being and that she not have to live alone. "I'd be surprised if she decided not to. She did seem open to the idea, even if she did try to hide it, at times."

"With that, I no longer have worries." She snuggled in against the commander. "Mm... But I guess your break time is coming to an end, soon?"

He stroked her back. "Probably. I don't need to look at a clock to know."

"How will you know?"

The commander knew the answer to that already. "Because someone will be ready to knock on the door as soon as it's over."

Not half a minute after he said that, there was a knock on the door of his office. King George opened her eyes. "...I see what you mean."

"Looks like it's back to business." King George slid off of his lap, and he went to open the door- he figured it was a Royal or a Sakura, as the others weren't always so polite. One the door was open, he had to look down a bit to spot the visitor. Mutsu was standing there, bouncing on her heels. "Ah, commander, I heard something, and can you tell me if it's true?" She then looked into the room. "Oh! Was the commander having some wife time?"

King George chuckled. "He was going to get back to work anyway."

The commander let Mutsu into the office. "She's telling the truth. So, what is it that you want to know about?"

Mutsu went right to it. "So, I heard that there's another ship that tried to come and see Nagato to make friends with her, but got caught and hauled away by Kawakaze- did that happen?"

Mutsu was Nagato's sister, she deserved to know. "Yeah, that happened. Le Temeraire tried to sneak in and got nabbed."

"Ah!" Mutsu's ears wiggled. "That just won't do at all, commander!"

The commander was a bit confused. "So... Which part of that is the thing that just won't do?"

Mutsu hopped in place, but just the one time. "The part where someone wanting to be Nagato's friend gets carried off like she's some kind of thief or ninja!"