chapter 12: My Sister, My Sister

Lisa stood on a chair so she could get some food in the microwave.

"Bart, don't think of this as a bad thing," Meg told the boy as she sat with him at the table. "I'm sure we can have fun along the way like the other kids before."

"I'm not mad at you, Meg, I just refuse to let an eight-year-old tell me what to do!" Bart scoffed, folding his arms.

"Meg's right, Bart, it'll be fair and fun." Lisa assured after she got the food in the microwave.

"You're dead." Bart glowered at her. 

"Bart, why don't you wash up for dinner?" Meg suggested to him, then took out a hand washing soap. "Here, Mr. Bubble will make it oh-so fun!"

"Fine, Meg, whatever you say." Bart took it, still glaring at Lisa as he went to wash his hands.

Meg sighed. "Why do brothers and sisters always have to fight?"

"It's the natural order of things..." Lisa sighed. "Do you and Chris fight?"

"Not really, in fact, he acts like I'm not even his sister, Dad even though for the first few weeks of my life I was a house cat." 

Snowball II mewed about that.

Meg chuckled and hugged the ironically named cat. "I wish we could have a cat... Or maybe a dog... Some kind of pet..."

"Maybe you could ask your parents?" Lisa suggested.

Meg looked to her with a dull expression.

"Oh, good point," Lisa rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "Well... Maybe someday you WILL get one."

"I guess..." Meg shrugged.

It was now dinner time. Bart stared at his food while Lisa, Meg, and Maggie ate quietly. 

"May I have some more lima beans?" Bart asked, oddly generous.

Meg did a double take at him. "Uhh... Sure..." she went to serve him more of the vegetables.

"More than that."

"Okay, Bart." Meg said, then added more.

"More." 

Meg put in more.

"More."

Meg glanced at him, but did as told.

"More..."

"Uh, I think you have enough..." Meg said to him nervously.

"I didn't say I was gonna eat them," Bart smirked to her. "I just wanna look at them cuz they're so gross."

"Boys." Meg rolled her eyes.

"What's for dessert?" Bart asked the girls.

"Bart, if you don't want to have babysitters, maybe you should stop being such a baby." Lisa retorted as she got ice cream out of the freezer.

"Oh, I'm a baby, huh?" Bart looked determined. "Then maybe I should act like a baby." he then did goo-goo noises and acted like a stereotypical baby.

"Even babies know how to open and close their mouths," Lisa said to him as he made a mess with his bowl of ice cream, then tied a napkin around his neck. "You need a bib."

Bart was disgusted by his choices and made a disturbance. This made Maggie look very upset and she started crying herself.

"Oh, poor Maggie," Meg rushed to her, then glared to Bart. "You happy now? You made your baby sister upset!"