chapter 30: Lisa's Secret

After school, Meg came over. Lisa was sitting on her bed while Meg was deciding to give herself a makeover. She frizzed her hair up a little and put on a plaid vest over a white shirt with jeans.

"Meg, are you sure you wanna go through with this?" Lisa asked as she looked through a teenage magazine. "I mean... You're not a lesbian."

"I know, Lisa, but this is my only chance to be somebody," Meg said, looking back to her. "Aren't you happy for me?"

"I am, but I just don't like the thought of you being something you're not," Lisa said to her. "I mean... Lots of people have been doing that and it can sometimes end badly for them..."

"I'm gonna tell my parents at dinner," Meg folded her arms, trying to sound rough-and-tough like a stereotypical lesbian. "It's nothing personal, Lisa... I just feel it's best I do it, plus Sarah's our friend now..."

"She's very pretty, isn't she?" Lisa seemed to blush slightly.

Meg noticed something weird about her pen pal. "Lisa, are you okay? You've been acting funny about this lesbian business ever since we got home."

"It's nothing..." Lisa buried her face behind her magazine. She wasn't even ready to tell Meg yet, she hadn't even told Homer or Marge, not even Bart. Even if she told Maggie and Maggie wouldn't be able to tell anyone no matter what, she was shy and scared about releasing this secret into the world.

"Lisa, you can tell me anything..." Meg sat down beside Lisa, putting her hand on the yellow girl's arm delicately.

Lisa sighed. "Never mind it, Meg... If you wanna pretend to be something you're not to fit in... Then, it's okay... You can do it."

Meg wished Lisa would tell her what's on her mind, but that was okay. She decided to go home for dinner and tell her family about her new life decision. Lisa sighed as she took out a new magazine as soon as Meg was gone, revealing that it was one of Bart's Playboy magazines. 

"Oh, Lees," Bart walked in then. "Have you seen my—" his eyes then widened as he saw his sister reading one of his secretly stashed magazines.

"BART!" Lisa hiccuped, trying to make it not what it looked like. "It's not what it looks like!"

"What the Hell are you doing with this, Lees?" Bart snatched it from her hands. "Mom and Dad could get me in big trouble for having this around!"

"I know, I'm sorry..." Lisa sat up from her bed. "I'm sorry, Bart..."

Bart then glanced to Lisa, a little suspiciously. "What were you doin' with it anyway...?"

Lisa gulped and put her hands behind her back, shuffling her feet a little nervously. "I... Umm... Confiscated it from Mr. Quagmire?"

"You're a liar!" Bart pointed to her deathly. "You just wanna get me in trouble!"

Lisa sighed. "No, Bart, it's not that!"

Bart glared at her, he then softened his expression one he saw she was serious, he heard their parents downstairs and decided to shut the door so they would have more privacy. He then walked into the room more and sat on the bed nex to her. "Lees, what's wrong and why did you join that lesbian club with Meg if you're not lesbians?"

Lisa heaved a sharp sigh. "Meg's not a lesbian.... But I am..."

"What!?" Bart was shocked in response.

"It's true," Lisa nodded softly. "I've known for a long time... I was just afraid to admit it..."

"How'd you discover this?"