3. Faith

"how's Pete?"

I put my phone on the nightstand after all those information and I felt the need to talk with kinn about it.

"he is better. I gave him some ginger tea and porridge. He felt better. He is doing the dishes now."

I could hear him sigh in relief." he was mad huh?"

"no, he said he is sorry that once in a while I have to stop him from killing you."

"as he can" he chuckled

" I think you don't know how dangerous he is. If you push him too much one day he might do it while I'm not around." I said laughing

"I just want him to move on but he doesn't listen to me. "he said I could hear the taping sound. and I knew he felt devastated.

"he told me kinn, about Vegas," I said and waited for his reaction.

"so you know?"

"yeah now I know you were a dick for the majority of your life and I have to say I'm impressed," I said teasingly.

"how come?" he let out

"you've changed enough That I didn't even think that this whole thing was a possibility." I chuckled

"Like you said I was a dick. I didn't know anything. Made things wore. Then I had a fight with Pete for a whole week. He made that last week of high school a living hell for all of us. And after graduation, he cried for a week. I had to ask khun to look after him."

"so Vegas ha? The Vegas who wants you dead?is that why he hates me so much? He thinks you are cheating." I said cheekily

" I think so. He doesn't even listen to me. Things in our families are not on the good term but
After that one week, so many things changed. Specifically Vegas."

"I assume you didn't know anything at all," I said while hugging my pillow.

"no" I heard him taking a deep breath I don't why Vegas has become a very sensitive topic to talk about but it seems even for kinn it's hard." as I said things are not good between our fathers but Pete opened our eyes on all those little truths. So I stopped being an asshole. khun has a good relationship with Macau now.
And as far as I know, we don't let our father and uncle push us around. If vegas want a deal I give it to him before even my uncle talk."

"and yet he is not letting you in huh? That man sure knows how to hold a grudge."

"runs in the family," he said and somehow he sounded proud.

" It's not something to be proud of kinn.

"bad habits are hard to kill I guess," he said

"I'm gonna hang up I need to sleep more, " I said while yawning.

"OK see you, babe."

"See you."

I hang up and squeeze the pillow harder. Rich people's bullshit always makes me tired. I'm a simple man with simple problems. I shut my eyes I need to rest.

------

It didn't take long for Pete to do the dishes and clean up the room. He went back to his room and closed the door. After his father's death with his money and what his mother left for him, he could have lived a happy normal life but he didn't want to use his father's money. Since his stepmother didn't have a child everything went smoothly and he made sure to cut all ties with her.

He bought this house and soon after he went to nursing school he met Porsche and eventually they moved in. They had different personalities but he was understanding and that was all Pete needed. Since Porsche likes to cook he didn't have to live on takeouts anymore.