15. Fear Of Losing You

Hello hello.
I hope you enjoy this chapter sorry if it took longer to update. I'm dealing with some health issues
I hope you enjoy it
Don't forget to comment your thoughts.
______

They had their breakfast in bed. Vegas didn't tell Pete anything about his father but based on his shifting mood Pete could have guessed that.

He didn't like to push Vegas into talking so they ate their breakfast in silence. Vegas didn't eat much. He felt restless. He was worried about his father and because of that, he ruined his time with Pete, again.

"Vegas?" Pete called him but he was feeling guilty so he didn't lift his head to look at him. He jerked because he felt a cold touch on his face. Pete grabbed his chin and made him look at him. " much better" he grinned at him. Vegas felt even worst and frowned.

"what's wrong luv?  Can you tell me" Pete asked him with an encouraging tone.

"I'm sorry. For ruining it again. Because of my dad."

"Don't say that, please. I know you're thinking about so many things. so it's okay don't worry about it. I'm here with you and we are talking and you're my boyfriend now so there's no problem if you show how you feel. I know everything is messy. I heard you talking with kinn. I guessed it was about your father."Pete reached for his body and brought him to his embrace. he held him very tight to assure him that everything will be okay.

"Still I'm sorry. I wanted our first morning to be memorable in a good way. Now look at us. Yesterday was a terrible first day and today is even worse." Vegas felt miserable. Every time it was about his father everything for the end in the worst way possible. He wanted to cuddle with Pete he wanted to tell stupid stories he wanted to laugh with Pete on their first morning together. He wanted to cherish him this time.

He tried to get out of Pete's grip but it was impossible. So he just waited there and accepted his soft touches. As a matter of fact, He was terrified. what would happen to them if they don't succeed in any part of their plan? Will their uncle spare Pete and Macau's life? He started to feel nauseous. He could feel a lump in his throat and tears treating to fall. Pete was trying to help him and yet the voices in his head were louder. All he ever wanted was a peaceful life with Pete and Macau. Just the three of them.

Pete held him for some time. They didn't talk. They just sat in each other's embrace. Eventually, they heard some noises they knew kinn and Kim was there to talk.  Pete loosen his grip and put some distance between them to look at him." are you okay?" vegas only nodded and break free from him and stand up. After hearing kinn calling them he just gave Pete a final look and went out to greet them.

"It's nice to see you again Cousin "Vegas teased Kinn.

"It's good to see that you are in the mood" Kim laughed and was about to ask about Pete. But Pete just came out of the room and greet them

"So what's new? tell me." Vegas asked as if he was nervous and Kinn and Kim could have felt that in his tone.

"Your father is here. With some of his trusted bodyguards. he's searching for you he's very angry. congratulations guess. Our plan worked. He tried to make Macau leave the main house but our father told him that was not happening. father warned him that he needs to stop. Your father told him that it was just a misunderstanding. That he just took his mistress on vacation because she was pregnant." kinn explained with an uneasy tone.

"And you're telling me your father believed that?" Vegas asked with curiosity

"Of course not. He wasn't born yesterday. He asked Kim and Chan to find them." based on his tone vegas felt something is wrong." what's wrong just spill it"
"We need to poke our dad to give us an order. We need you to meet someone else and get rid of him. And find some data for us. If you can keep him busy just enough for Bas to hack them we can make that happen. But it's harder this time." kinn clarified but he was trying so hard not to look directly at Pete or Vegas.