3| So we're going back...

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated for so long.... but enjoy!

Mistral POV

The next day, we left early in the morning, with my leafeon cousin leading the way. I carefully followed her, marvelling at how she was able to walk on the dry leaves without making a sound. Whenever I heard a noise, I gave a little squeak and jumped. It seems impossible to be able to walk through this fire forest with the amount of confidence Nahele has...

Thankfully, we soon arrived at the walls of the city I escaped from. My eyes widened at the amount of guards there. Nahele walked right up to them, demanding entrance to the city. The guards looked at each other, shrugged, and then parted to let her in.

It wasn't so easy for me.

"Are you sure this is not Mistral, ma'am?" a tough looking Pangoro asked my cousin.

"I assure you, I have never heard of this Mistral you are talking about," Nahele calmly replied.

"Well, Mistral is a glaceon as well, and she just escaped into this fire forest...." a Weavile eyed me suspiciously. 

"Now may you excuse me, we have urgent business. Come on Frost, we better get going," Nahele motioned to me.

The guards reluctantly opened the gate. I felt their eyes on me, and I wished I could just dissappear.

>>>>> Timeskip <<<<<

Nahele POV

How dare those villagers kick my dear little cousin out! She is an innocent fluffy little furball. If they can't see that, they need to check their vision.

I soon found out what the crime was.

Apparently, someone murdered the head of the city. We are, after all, in the capital of the Northern Kingdom, so it's a big thing.

Before I moved out of the capital, I had a government job, and it still requires me to come back every few months. Perfect.

And Mistral here, was a shopkeeper. She owned a cute little bakery that sold the best sweets in town!

But before we go argue with the officials, we have to find some evidence that it wasn't Mistral who committed the crime. First stop: Mistral's old den.

As she led me to her den, I examined my surroundings. There were many pokemon that didn't seem to be aware of any of this, and there were also some who knew the whole story. I decided to ask around.

"Miss, you're new here, aren't you?" asked a ninetales.

"Yes, and I've heard of this 'treason'... do you happen to know anything about it?" I asked.

"Actually, I do. The footage in city governor's house shows a glaceon going there, and then all the cameras black out for around 2 hours. It shows in the time. Then, when the cameras come back, there's the glaceon coming out of the house. The next morning, the governor was dead, and his mate and kids had no idea what happened," the ninetales replied.

"Thank you sir, have a nice day," and then I followed Mistral, who was motioning towards her den.

Mistral POV

Afterwards, Nahele told me the whole story.

"This was harder than I expected. Apparently, you're the only glaceon in the city; the only other eeveelutions are an umbreon, espeon, and a jolteon." She ended the story.

"How exactly do you get all your information?" I asked.

"I told you, my sources are not to be revealed," Nahele repeated.

She continued to list her suspects: mainly the other eeveelutions, because they could easily pose as a glaceon.

"Cousin, should we pay a visit to the general store and then the tailor? They must've gottena costume somewhere! Or at least bought the blue fabric!" I suggested.

"Wonderful idea, Misty. We'll go there tomorrow. The sun is setting soon..."

I then proceeded to make food for both of us.

>>>>> when Nahele and Mistral just left...<<<<<

Praxis POV

The leaves crunched under my paws as I walked through the forest. I've got this uneasy feeling... something tells me that I too should head towards the Northern Kingdom.

Knowing that they don't like fire because we once destoyed their city, I decided to change my form.

Not many pokemon know this... but I can shapeshift into any similar pokemon (in this case, four legged pokemon).

It was the perfect disguise.

So I trotted into the city as a vaporeon. They let me in, of course.

While I was there, I bought some sweets, and stopped by at a cute cafe for food.

After eating, I asked a milotic where Mistral used to live. I said that I was an inspector who came to look over her stuff.

"Down the street and around the corner, it's a really leafy den. But there's always some frost on those poor plants," said the milotic.

"Ok, thank you!"

I knocked on the door, and Nahele opened it.

"I don't remember visitors. Who are you?"

"Let me in... I'll explain." I simply said.

Nahele shot me a suspicious glance, but moved aside anyway.

With the door safely closed behind us, I let the blue skin melt back into my cream and red fur.

"Praxis! What brought you here?" Nahele exclaimed.

That was when Mistral trotted in, holding a platter of berry pie.

She set it gently on the table, and then her eyes widened when she saw me.

"You're that flareon from the fire forest, right?" she asked, "What's your name again?"

"Praxis. I thought I might help with your little problem here," I turned back to Nahele. "Any progress yet?"

"Well, we know what the crime is, and we're planning on visiting the general store and tailor to see if anyone has been getting anything blue," Nahele explained, "but we haven't gotten many clues yet,"

"It's getting late Praxis..." Mistral trailed off.

"She's going to ask you to stay over. Will you?" asked Nahele.

"Sure. But I'll have to be a vaporeon in public, just so you know. Can't risk them finding out a fire type snuck in!" Praxis laughed.

"The pie's getting cold..." Mistral quietly reminded.

"Ah, I already ate. But it won't hurt to have some more... right?"

And so the three of us sat down eating and wondering what the next day will bring for us.

A/N: Another chapter done! We'll soon find out what awaits the next day...

I hope you enjoyed the story thus far!