7| A Surprise

A/N: Hello everyone! I sort of realized that I'm focusing more on the plot than the actual "flareon x glaceon" part. I'm sorry, but thanks for staying with me :). Now, on with the story!

Mistral POV

When I woke up, the sunlight was already streaming through my window. I blinked, adjusting to the light. Then the events from yesterday came back to me.

So Papillon had done it.

But it wasn't him! It was the thing inside of him!

I hope Praxis helped him.

Don't worry, you can trust Praxis to make him feel better.

I shook my head, attempting to put my thoughts into some order.

"Mistraaaaal!!!" Nahele called out. I was too wrapped up in my thoughts to respond.

My cousin came in.

"You're already up!" She exclaimed. "Now get out of bed. Breakfast is ready."

"Stop it. You're not my mom," I grumbled.

"Technically, I have to take the role of being your mom now. Since you need someone to protect you, right?" Nahele replied.

"Praxis can do  that," the words slipped out before I could stop them.

"What did you just say???" Nahele smirked.

"Nothing. Come on, I'll go eat breakfast."

"Finally!"

Then, she promptly shoved me off the bed. I let out a surprised (and frightened) squeak as I fell to the floor.

"You didn't have to do that." I winced as I got up.

Then, I padded out of my room and to the dining room. "I wonder why Nahele is so happy today" I thought.

There was a delicious smell wafting from the kitchen. Nahele soon came out holding a pie. My mouth watered when I saw it.

She set it on the table. "Dig in, everyone!" We all started eating. It tasted heavenly. I couldn't get enough of it!

"Take it easy, Mistral," Nahele  said with a gentle smile as I helped myself to another thick slice.

"I can't, dear cousin! It's just too good!" I replied.

"I've got to say, Mistral is right." Papillon agreed.

"When did you get here?!?!?!?"

"He was here the whole time!" Praxis piped up.

"Ok, after we're done, we need to get back onto the case. After all, we still don't know why Papillon snapped," I tried to calm everyone down.

"Awwee, you're ruining the mood!" Nahele complained. "Do you know what day it is?"

"What?"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISTRAL!!!!!!!!!!"

I can't believe I forgot my own birthday. Oh well.

"SPEeCH SPEeCh SpeECh!!!!" they chanted.

"Okay. First of all, thank you for helping me with this case! Second, thanks for remembering my birthday, and third, LET Us ALL CELEBRATE!!!!" I threw some confetti that was lying around into the air.

"Oh, Mistral, we will never forget your birthday," said Praxis.

"WaIT you know my BIRTHDAY?!"

"Nahele told me,"

Then, my cousin brought out some cake and we all had some.

"Let's forget about the case today. Tomorrow is Memory Searching day. But today, is celebration day!" said Nahele.

"This is probably one of the best days I've had so far!" I said, overjoyed.

"Then let us enjoy it,"

A/N: Thanks for reading! I thought that giving them a little happy day would be nice, so, here it is! (they will return to the case in the next chapter, don't worry!)

Bye for now, I hope you liked it!