6| Between Brothers

A/N: Praxis and Papillon's conversation:

No one POV

As Mistral and Nahele left, Papillon began to fix the broken window.

"You said you lost all your memories when you fell off of a cliff," Praxis began.

"Yes," replied the espeon, still focused on putting all the pieces together.

Praxis decided to get right to the point.

"Do you, by any chance, have an older brother?" he asked.

"I do, but I don't remember anything about him. I think we were separated as eevees, and we were  quite close, I think, but I'm not sure," Papillon replied, applying glue to the glass to hold it together.

"Well, I had a younger brother. I remember playing with him in the Fire forest, before it became dangerous. We had a den, with two parents... I think they were an umbreon and sylveon. We also had a lovely little garden. I liked the pond, and my brother liked the butterflies." Praxis tried to describe everything he remembered.

The window was already done. It was dark outside, the first stars beginning to emerge.

Papillon turned to look at the flareon.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Papillon, I think you might be my brother," Praxis replied.

It was hard to see in the dark, but the espeon looked somewhere in between shocked, surprised, and maybe a little confused.

The sound of all the windows in Papillon's office exploding from the emotion echoed throughout the city.

"Ever since I met you, you did seem familiar. Although I didn't know why." he said quietly.

"My younger brother was named Lotus. That's the only part about it that doesn't match up." Praxis continued.

"I didn't remember my name. When the city took me in, they asked me what my name was. I said I didn't know. So, they named me Papillon because I loved butterflies." Papillon explained.

"So, after all these years, I've finally found you!" Praxis exclaimed, joyful.

Papillon gave him a tiny smile. "How can you be sure?"

"I only need one thing. Can you turn into an umbreon for me?" Praxis asked.

The espeon concentrated. The little gem on his forehead gave off a blinding light, and when Praxis could see again, there was an umbreon standing in front of him.

"That's it. Shapeshifting runs in the family, so we're definitely related!" Praxis said, delighted.

Papillon was just amazed.

"Come on, let's head back before Mistral and Nahele get worried,"

The two of them then left the office and began to walk to Mistral's den.