Chapter 9

Yeji opened her eyes slowly, as she settled on the couch, she had fallen asleep in an uncomfortable enough position for her and her neck hurt, she looked at her phone, it was time to go to the university, but what she missed the most, was not seeing an answer message from Ryujin.

With a sigh she got up from the couch, going straight to the bathroom, she took a quick shower and got dressed in the clothes she almost always wore, she left the apartment with a bit of a feeling that she hadn't heard from Ryujin, something that worried her and left on her way to the university.

"Hey Yeji!" The chocolate-haired girl heard in the distance and watched as Lia approached her with a smile that she returned.

"Lia..." The girl reached her side and they both walked towards the classroom.

"Do you want to grab a bite to eat with me in the cafeteria before classes start?" A smiling Lia said and Yeji nodded slightly.

"Okay... Let's go" She really needed a coffee. She missed the one Ryujin made her every morning.

Where are you, Ryujin? Was the only thing going through her head. While Lia tried to make a pleasant conversation with her, who only nodded and smiled, she liked the way the girl was, cheerful, outgoing and smiling, even though she missed Karina, she didn't feel so lonely being at the university anymore, but she couldn't stop thinking about the dark-haired girl and where she was right now? Was she still with her mother? Had her health been complicated?

She tried to call her again and still, her phone seemed to be turned off. She sighed and went back to her classes, to try to concentrate on the rest of the morning.

Then she saw herself on her way to work, Red Velvet Café, it had become her second home, even though she had only been working there for a few days, all her coworkers were very dear to her, they all made her laugh and it was very rewarding to see them every day.

"Hey Yeji... You have a visitor" Joy walked into the cafe and Yeji gave her a frowning look.

"Visit? What are you talking about?"

Joy shrugged her shoulders.

"There's a long-haired blonde woman out there who asked me about you" Yeji looked frowningly outside the cafe, to see a tall, slender woman with her back to her, long blonde hair reaching her waist and a catwalk model-like bearing. Then she nodded with a smile at Joy and excused herself from Seulgi to answer the woman's call.

Who could it be?

"Hello... Were you looking for me?" Immediately the woman turned around, her eyes were watery and puffy, as if she had been crying for a long time and that worried Yeji, although she had no idea who it could be. "Can I help you with something? Do you have a problem?"

"Are you Hwang Yeji?" the woman asked trying to sound serene and Yeji just nodded. "I... I'm Park Rosé... I'm Ryujin's aunt."

Immediately her heart skipped a beat when she heard that name she hadn't been able to stop thinking about all morning, what was going on? Had something happened to her? Her body trembled in an absurd way and immediately her eyes clouded over, she didn't know why she had a bad feeling about that woman being there and from her face, she could see that something bad had happened.

"Did something happen to Ryujin?" she asked on the verge of crying, Rosé could tell how worried the girl was and wanted to calm her down, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Please... Tell me that nothing happened to her... Please."

"My sister..." Rosé covered her mouth as her voice cracked and she almost fell to the ground, at that moment Seulgi had gone out to check that everything was okay out there and quickly approached them, helping Yeji to carry the blonde to a table so she could sit down.