Chapter 4

That night, Yeji arrived at the apartment tired as hell, it was a little strange, but she was happy, now at least she could start paying the fee she owed at the university. The work day went smoothly, although a little uncomfortable with Mark's constant gaze every time he entered the cafe, but she decided not to give much importance to that, she had to concentrate on her work.

The first day, she received congratulations from Seulgi and the other girls, because although she is a little shy, she gave good attention to the clients, on the other hand, at the end, Seulgi explained to her how her payments would be and which days it would be made. It wasn't going to be a millionaire, but that would be enough for a while, at least for now she wouldn't think about college fees.

She saw herself alone in that apartment, but she didn't do anything to eat, since in the café, Irene and Wendy had given her something to eat before leaving, as they always used to do. So she went immediately to her room, took a bath, finished some college work and around 10 pm, she lay down on her bed, while looking at her phone, not that she was really talking to anyone, but she liked to watch videos of some interesting things about what she was passionate about... Painting.

But suddenly, she heard a noise in the living room and she got out of bed immediately, thinking that again, it might be some guests of the dark-haired girl.

She carefully opened her room and peeked her head out a little to see what it was about and immediately her body tensed as she saw Ryujin staggering with her face beaten and a hand on her belly. She immediately came out of the room and helped her up to sit her on the couch.

"For God's sake Ryujin... What happened to you?" Yeji asked very worried, looking at her closely, not knowing, she had her hands on her cheeks and Ryujin smiled, even though her face was covered in blood.

"I'm... I'm fine, it was just a fight" She coughed a little and Yeji denied quickly trying to get up from the couch, but Ryujin stopped her. "Where are you going?" She grabbed her tightly by the wrist.

"I'll go call an ambulance or a cab, I'll take you to the doctor, you look terrible!" She exclaimed with concern.

"No... No need, I just need to take a bath" She whispered.

"No... Well, if you don't want to go to a hospital, I'll at least cure you. Wait for me here" Yeji got up immediately and went to the bathroom where the first aid kit was, she took almost everything she saw that would be useful and quickly ran back to her, while Ryujin wrinkled her face a little because of the pain.

Yeji began to clean the wounds on her face, they were minimal, but they had left blood. All this, under the constant gaze of Ryujin, who kept looking at her, while Yeji tried to ignore the suffocating heat that gaze gave her, they were too close...

"Do you want to tell me what happened? Was it a robbery? Maybe we can go to the police and-"

"No... It wasn't a robbery" She settled back in the seat and hissed a little as she felt the sting of the alcohol burn a little on her cheek. "You see... I found out today, the wrong way, that Karina is cheating on me."

Yeji immediately looked into her eyes and stopped on the spot, she swallowed dryly as she noticed Ryujin's dark gaze on her and then grabbed her by the wrist.

"Did you know about this, Yeji?" She asked her. "Did you know that Karina is with a man on that trip?" The chocolate-haired girl swallowed dryly and looked at her somewhat frightened, because now Ryujin's gaze was full of anger.

"I... She... I didn't know that you and her..."

Ryujin let out a cynical laugh and released her from her grip that was already starting to leave a mark on her wrist.