Chapter 4: Ox

I woke up to Sakura tickling me. She had the blinds open and it was a beautiful morning outside. I looked over, and I saw her looking at me smiling.

"Hey, it's a beautiful day outside," she said with a smile, "Ready to go?"

She laid down, and started to play with my hair, pulling and flattening it, as it had been matted to one side while I slept.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"When did you have time for a surprise?", I asked incredulously .

"I woke up early since I was so excited... now letssss gooo!", she giggled dragging me out of the bed sending me crashing onto the floor, where she began to tickle me.

"I can't take anymore...Sa...Ku..Ra.."

She kept going as I laughed maniacally. She was laughing hysterically as I tried to catch my breath. Suddenly she looked at me, kissed me, and ran out the room yelling, "Get dressed and get ready!"

I got up and quickly dressed in a black polo, and some black jeans and slacks.

She was in the living room, dressed in a white halter-top and blue shorts,

"Oh my goddddd, babe you look great!", Sakura said as I walked in. "Now lets go!"

She grabbed my hand and we ran out the front door into the car. As we drove out of the driveway, I took a look at the scenery. The sun was rising into the sky. The leaves on the trees were starting to turn yellow.

"The leaves are changing", I said to her, "The mountains are covered in bright yellow colors, and the trees look like they have a golden glow to them."

"It looks beautiful", she said, "But I'm kind of driving..."

"I knowww I was just describing it to you...", I said looking back at her,

We drove for about thirty minutes down the small two-lane road leading to our destination. As we neared, I could see the destination, it was a foster home. The houses that surrounded it looked quite run down.

"Sakura... Is this what I think it is", I said, my heart racing.

"If what you're thinking is us getting a kid, then yes!", she said looking at me as she pulled the car to a stop.

"I'm so excited!"

"ME TOO! Well what are we waiting for?"she asked, grabbing my hand and we entered the house.

We walked down the stairs and the moment I stepped in the door, I heard a voice.

"Hello", the voice said, "Can I help you?"

"My name is Steve, and this is my wife, Sakura. I'm here to adopt a child", I replied.

"This way", the voice replied.

We walked down the hallway and into a room. It was a large bedroom, and that's all I could see because the door was closed.

The door opened as we stepped closer, and I saw an older woman, probably in her forties or fifties.

"Hi, I'm Steve. This is my wife, Sakura. We're here to meet the child", I said as I reached to open the door, a teenager ran out. She was blonde with blue eyes, and a pretty smile.

"Hi", she said, "My name is Summer, are you going to adopt me? And can I go home now?".

"Oh my gawd, she's adorable", Sakura squealed. "And yes we are going to adopt you, right Steve?