Chapter 7: Snake

"Steve?Steve?!STEVE!... STEVEEEEE!!!"

I recognized that voice...

"Sakura?", I tried to say but no sound came out

"STEVE, ARE YOU OKAY?!" she said frantically,

I tried to speak again, but this time a sharp pain coursed through my jaw and down my spine .

"OH MY GOD?! Can you talk Steve!!!, I'm calling the police, hold still."

"Like I could move if I wanted to...", I laughed internally to myself

"Hello! Northwestern School for the Arts...yes...please hurry!", I heard Sakura speak to someone on the phone. As I slipped away into the darkness.

I opened my eyes to see a blonde woman sitting on the edge of my bed. I tried to stand, but couldn't move. I was too weak, I lay back, dazed. The room was dark, but I could make out my mother's figure across the room.

"Hi Steve, I hope you are doing okay", she said with a little smile, her voice soft and soothing.

"Mom...?, Wha- what are you doing here?", I was very confused

The other woman turned to me, and I couldn't believe what I was seeing... It was a younger Sakura! She laid her hand on my shoulder,

"Steve, I'm so sorry, I tried to help you...but I-", she broke off into tears, "They medics didn't make it in time...", she cried and collapsed on the floor, she sobbed into her arms, the tears dripping onto my blankets.

"Sakura? is that really you? Are you alright?", I asked as I slowly sat up, using all my energy.

"Hey man", I heard from behind, I recognized the voice though, it was Jacobs'.

I grew angry..."You! What is the matter with you! I'll ruin you Jacob!" I shouted, trying to sit up in a fit of anger

"Son"... my father had entered the room, "Revenge will ruin you..

My mother spoke now, "Forgetting will flatten you...

And now Sakura..."You must forgive Jacob"

Suddenly, my grandfather Cody , appeared tears in his eyes, "You have a daughter now Steve? , she's so beautiful... what do you want her to remember you as", he seemed concerned.

"I want to remember me as a-...", my voice faltered as I realized what he just said..." Remember me as! What do you mean! Am I dead?!!"

Cody smiled at me, "That is up to you", he said as he disappeared.

I groaned, I must have smelled some of that LSD.

My parents laughed and turned to me, "You must forgive him Steve, he is confused and hurt, deep down he stills cares for you... we all do... you'll see."

They hugged me, as they too faded away.

"Pum-pum-pum-pum", I heard echoing around the room as only two people remained , Sakura... and Jacob.

Sakura came up to me and said,

"I know who you are Steve, stay true to yourself and the man I love", she said kissing me before also disappearing.

The only man left now was Jacob...

"Jacob...", he turned to me , tears in his eyes, he walked up to me slowly, and placed his hand on my shoulder ,

"Steve, you have a chance to be someone better", he whispered softly into my ears, "I know it's hard but you can do it."

"I won't give up on you Jacob.", I looked into his eyes.