Chapter 12: Rat

"WHAT!", I yelled out. "How the hell?", I said

"Whaaaat, he and his wife adopted me...they really cared", she smiled as she told me . "He's a good guy, and his wife... she is a sweetheart".

I stared at her in amazement, she looked a lot more cute in the light of day, her blue eyes lit up, her rosy cheeks and and freckles,

"Wow this is great... will you be going to school here?", I asked,

"Maybe...", she smirked.

I kissed her, "Well we should probably part ways here...", I said beginning to recognize this place near my house.

She kissed me again, "Okayy...meet me later in front of my house though"

"Deal", I said as we hugged before parting ways.

"See ya later dork", she said giggling.

"WAIT!," I yelled.

She looked at me as I began to run to her, "I don't know where you live", I said.

"Just go up this street and take a left", she said, "It's pretty close to here."

She pulled me closer to her, "Now we have to kiss again!", she giggled.

"Well,if we kiss every-time I run back I might keep coming back", I said

"Shut up", she said kissing me on the lips, not caring where we were. "Now go!", she said before she let me go.

She ran away, and I turned going back to my house. The weather was amazing, I had to admit. I don't know how long I was down there, but it must've been a couple of weeks. Finally, I made it back, and knocked on the door, wondering how I could explain myself my family, but to my surprise it swung open, revealing a ransacked room.

-----------------------------------------------------

I walked back to the house, thinking about what had occurred, but to be honest it seemed like a dream...

"I finally escaped that crazy life, met a sweet boy, and I have a home", I began to tear up a little, looking around to see if any one was around, I saw no one.

"Well...well...well...here we go", I said. I was almost to the house, when I saw two officers talking with Sakura in front of the house.

I headed to them when I heard Sakura yelling, "THIS is an absolute joke! HE WAS SAFE AT THE HOSPITAL! IDIOTS-", she paused as she saw me. "Oh...my...Summer! Is that you?"

She ran towards me leaving the officers behind. She wrapped me up into a hug, "Oh, I missed you! I thought you were in jail or something...! Or..."

I returned the hug laughing, "Jail?"

"I don't know, you seemed like a sneaky troublemaker like me", she released me and I got a good look at her. She was pale, and her eyes were red from crying and tired from the shock, her hair was a mess, and she looked kinda rough, but cute as ever. "I'm so glad you're safe!"

I smiled, "I'm glad you're safe too...", We walked into the house passing the officers.

"Um, ma'am, we were still talking", one officer said to Sakura.

"Get out of here bozos! I don't need your shit.", she yelled at them, as she shut the door in their face.

Then she turned to me, "Alright, that takes care of that, are you hungry?"

"No," I interrupted her, "I mean yes but, where's Mr.Steve"

She looked at me before breaking down and falling to the floor, "He...HE'S MISSING! Something happened... and he could be hurt", she started crying again, "I'm so sorry Summer...I'm such a mess, I'm such a bad mother...I should be stronger for you, but it's just hard without-"

"No, no it's okay, I understand...", I paused as I heard a knock at the door. I opened it. "DARN COPS!"

"Wha-cops, hey Summer?", he said, I ran up and hugged him.

He laughed, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, just Steve is missing", I said helping Sakura up onto the couch.

"Steve?", he asked

"Your principle, my dad", I explained.

"Oh...I'm so sorry...."

"It's fine...I'm sure he's alright"

Sakura had calmed down and looked at us, "Summer? Is this your boyfriend!!! Are you using pro-"

"Mom! No, we are just friends! Just friends!", I said.

He exchanged a look with me, "Sureeeee, just friends ma'am", he told me smiling.

---------------------------------------------------------

We talked for a while about how things were, Summer's mom talked about the events and where she last saw Steve.

"Wow, and I thought we had a crazy day", I said.

Sakura raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean by that?"

I blushed, "Nothing, nothing." I said as it went silent.

Sakura broke it asking, "Are you gonna tell me what's up with the mask?", she asked looking at me then at Summer.

"Well.. it's hard to explain", I said removing the mask revealing my metal teeth.

She suddenly stiffened up, "WHOA! What the hell are those?"

"MOM!", Summer shouted

"Sorry it's just surprising to see...teeth like that, she said awkwardly looking at me.

"It's alright ma'am, I know it's very strange", I said putting it back on.

"You sure you aren't dating him Summer, because...", she leaned in whispering, "You should."

Summer blushed, "Stopppppppp"

"Ok, ok", Sakura said laughing before looking sad again.

I looked at Summer, before she nodded. "Ma'am I want to help you find Steve, we want to..."

She looked at me tears starting, "Oh honey thanks but you guys are kids, I could't"

I exchanged a look with Summer, "Still, we want to help and besides the police aren't helping and anyway I want Summer to be happy, and she wants you to be happy so let's go find Steve"

Sakura looked at me before bursting into an explosion of emotion, "OH my god, you're so sweet. You... Thank you so much", she turned to Summer mouthing, "Marry him...marry him." Summer blushed, as she gave me a quick kiss on the cheek as Sakura turned her back for a second grabbing something.

"Well where do we start", I asked.

She showed me a picture of a crashed police car..., This is where they last saw St- Stev- him... we could look there."

"Then that's where we start."