Chapter 8: Dragon

"...and my-"

"What do I have to do!", I yelled interrupting him.

He stared at me laughing, "Such fire.

Well first you will need a new leg, and some teeth," he said chuckling at what remained of my teeth.

"Excuse me?", I said gritting my last two teeth against one another.

He ignored me, "Della please fix him", and just like that he left.

Della entered soon, carrying a wheelchair.

"Can you get on this?", she asked tentatively...

"I can try...", I attempted to pull myself onto it . It took more force than I expected, and my body tensed up. The moment I attempted my last pull I collapsed with a pained grunt and fell onto the floor

"Damn", she put her hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay?",

I was breathing heavy trying to catch my breath

"No..."

"Well, let's try again", she said as she went to pull me onto the chair

"Nope, can't be done," I groaned,

She laughed, "Let me help you this time."

I tried again, but this time with her help I was able to get onto the chair, "Oh geez...", I groaned, in pain.

"Well, let's get you fixed up" she said as she began to wheel me out the door, "Bye cell", I whispered.

"That's really fucking weird", she said looking at me.

I reddened, "Talk to me after you've spent days in there.'

She looked away, I have, you know...we all have...", she said trailing off.

"Wait... what does that mean?", I asked

"N- Nothing, its nothing," she said, as she turned into a familiar room.

"Welcome back to the medbay". I looked around, the room was like I remembered it. Then I saw a young boy hunched over some metal parts.

"Who's that", I asked Della pointing to the kid.

She rolled her eyes, "That's my new protege... He's alright", she said still glaring at him, "A little slow though...HURRY UP JEREMY!"

Hi", I said to him, his back turned to me. "Is that leg for me?"

He turned to me, a darkness in his eyes, before he nodded to me.

"What's his deal...", I asked her

"He can't talk", she said.

I frowned, "He can't talk?"

She just looked away.

"His tongue was cut out."

I stared at him in pity, I thought I had it bad..., "Can't you make him a metal one? "

"It's not up to me", she said.

I looked away, I was about to ask another questioned when she interrupted me, "Alright... get on the med table". Before I could ask she called, "Bruce, some help please."

I seethed in anger as a familiar brute walked into the room. "You!", my eyes narrowed at him

"Hey kiddo", he said looking at me with a smirk, "You can't stand up...that's pretty weak".

I frowned, "Get out of my face", I said annoyed.

"Just let him help you," Della pleaded with me.

"Fine", I muttered. Bruce lifted me and threw me onto the med table,"