Chapter 10: Horse

"You STABBED HER FOOT???", she asked me incredulous. I was showing Summer the swords and describing the events of my fight with Kynn to her.

"Yea, with a dagger," I said laughing.

"She giggled, "Is she okay?"

"She's fine, but her foot was messed up pretty bad. Nathaniel told me to leave."

She looked down at her own foot and grinned wickedly, "I wish you'd try that on me...I'd counter that easily", she said giggling.

"Well I won't. I'd never hurt you", I said hugging her.

She hugged me back, before leaning in and talking in a barely audible whisper.

"Do you still want to escape?", she asked.

"Aye, I would love nothing more," I said in a pirate voice

"This is serious sheesh, I want to get out of here."

"I know, I know, if i see a chance I'll take it...how do we even get out of here thought"

"Leave that to me, just let me know when you're ready, we may have to fight a couple of guards to get out of here".

"Sounds fair", I said as we let go of each other.

"Woah...lovebirds alert..." Nathaniel said coming up at us smiling.

"Relax, we were just looking into each other's eyes", I said.

Nathaniel exclaimed, "JUST?"

"Joking... how's Kynn? How's her foot?", I asked.

"Fine, she's gonna kill you, but...that was pretty fucking badass dude.", Nathaniel said still smiling. "But... Zaclowski wants to see us, so... say bye to your girlfriend we gotta go"

I hugged Summer goodbye and left the room. Nathaniel and I headed down to Zaclowski's office. Last time I was here, it hadn't ended so well. I wasn't interested in a repeat performance.

"How'd you end up here Nathaniel? You seem like a good dude..." I asked, "Why are you working for Zaclowski..."

He looked away, "I'm just tired of the world, you try to be a good person and you get fucked. Besides he pays me a lot and I've found my niche here..."

"But what about what you're working for... the kidnapping? Brainwashing? The bombs? The... everything else? I don't buy it", I asked suspiciously.

"Zaclowski is sick, it's who he is. But, he's not the worst and while I'm here I can try to make things better..."

"You think that's possible?"

"Maybe with your help, but no more of this", Nathaniel said sternly as we stood outside Zaclowski's door. He knocked and a man opened the door for us. Zaclowski had replaced the door, and stationed a guard there now.

"Come in", the man said as he closed the door behind Nathaniel and me.

Zaclowski sat in his big black chair, "You FUCKING MORONS", he shouted at us "INJURING MY FUCKING BLACKSMITH!!!", he said as he stood up.

"Sir... I thought it'd be a good training exercise", Nathaniel said nervously.

"THATS YOUR FUCKING JOB, NOT KYNN'S!!! DON'T USE THAT FUCKING BULLSHIT TO TRY TO EXPLAIN... BECAUSE THIS ISN'T FUCKING IT!"

He pointed his finger at me as he spoke,

"And you... are you fucking insane?! You lose, so you just stab her foot, how is that training!?"

"Technically I didn't lose yet since I didn't-"

"TECHNICALLY YOU'D BE DEAD IF SHE TRIED FROM THE START!!!.