Chapter Two ✨

"Elise?" John said with slight hesitance as he slowly walked up to her. As Elise still sat at the bar, downing her tenth whiskey.

"Don't fucking test me John," Elise muttered angrily, making John stop in his tracks.

"I just wanted to say sorry, we didn't know that he would react like that."

"Oh yeah, that's exactly why you should've kept your fucking mouths shut! I'm not with your brother anymore, so what I do and who I'm with shouldn't fucking matter! So keep out of it!" She growled, standing up from her seat, making the stool falling down fall down behind. The anger that filled Elise's body still burning.

"I'm not in the mood for any bullshit excuses you think you can come up, I just broke up with my boyfriend of only two bloody months! So well done another relationship ruined by a Shelby as usual!" Elise sneered, storming out after one too many drinks.

**

TW: there is description of rape written in italics, so if you believe it may be triggering, you can skip to where the text is no longer italic

"You're a fucking whore! You're no daughter of mine! You good for nothing whore!" My father snickered, holding me up by my throat against my bedroom wall. I had no idea what he was ranting about now but I did something to upset which hadn't been hard since I became of age, my body filled out as I grew into the next stage of my life. His fists landing on my face after swinging them at me. Something I was used to. What came next wasn't apart of his usual abuse. "Since you've become such a whore this won't hurt you one bit!" my father sneered, as he threw me down on my bed.

"No dad please don't!" I begged as he began to unbuckle his belt.

"Enough!" He yelled, slapping me across my face. Then proceeding to pull his trousers down, going to lift the dress I was wearing, holding me down by my throat with his free hand, the other sliding it's way up to my undergarments. Tears streaming down my face, as I kicked, screamed and begged him not to do what he was about to.

As Elise woke up, instantly raised her hand to her throat to soothe it, small tears creeping down her face as the memory that woke her continued on to haunt her. With her head pounding, the reminder of how much she had drunk while at the Garrison. Sudden banging on her front door alerted Elise, tossing on a robe over her nightdress, and sprinted down the stairs to find out who the hell it was.

Opening the door wide, only to see none other than Thomas Shelby himself. "What do you want Shelby?" She asked, walking away from the door leaving it open for him to walk through. "If you're about to spin me some bullshit, I don't want to hear it." Elise stated, as she poured herself a glass of whisky, putting a cigarette in her mouth, and lighting it.

"Look I came here to talk business that's it," Tommy said, coldly, not even taking his eyes off of her. Taking in how beautiful she looked even if she had just been woken up. Silently cursing at himself for still thinking of her in that way.

"Then talk business." She snickered, just as cold.

"What did you mean last night?"

"About what exactly?"

"About the whole Shelby ruining a relationship for you, cause that there is just complete bullshit."

"Oh is it, Because I don't believe it is." Elise sneered, swallowing down the anger that was now trying to make its way back up.

"You see, you broke up with me. So that's the first one. The in between ones after that left after discovering I was only seeing them to get over you. My ex-husband left me not only because I miscarried but also because someone told him that I had been with you. I was left at the alter by my ex-fiancé because Ada spoke to him and brought up you and I once being together. Oh and let's not forget last night Arthur and John ruined that one by again telling Tatton about the past. Did you just never tell them that you were the one that left me not the other way around?"

"Call it bullshit all you want Thomas, but it always seems to be a fucking Shelby that ruins things for me. So for now on I'm just going to steer clear of every single fucking guy in this place, I don't care if I have to go to London to be able to be satisfied by a man, since I clearly can't get rid of you fucking Shelbys!"

"I guess when you put it like that." Tommy muttered, his demeanour completely changing.

"Look I'm sorry Thomas, but fucking hell I don't know what everyone in your family problem is, but I seem to not be allowed to move on from you!" Elise just about screamed, trying not to get riled up but her emotions were getting the best of her.

"You broke my fucking heart and yet I'm the one that can't move on! I know it's not actually your fault why everyone leaves me!" Elise cried, tears now streaming down her face. As she admittedly knew it was never the Shelby's fault why her new relationships never lasted, a lot of it had to do with her and the trauma she was constantly fighting that no one she had been with could ever handle.

Tommy pulled Elise into a hug, something she knew he never really did anymore. But seeing how hurt Elise was, Tommy couldn't help but feel the need to try and comfort her, even after all these years. Elise always seemed to be the one that his family believed would be able to break Tommy's cold front and that was exactly the case with the pair just neither of them knew just yet.

**