Goodbye, For Now.

Lexi agreed to leave the safety of  Hogwarts and her newfound friend in this world, Albus. Trusting him that Newt will keep her safe and hidden in pursuit of figuring out what she is and where her powers came from. Somewhere where she could have a more, normal life not trapped hidden away in a castle. She was nervous, a little reluctant, but not because she didn't feel comfortable with Newt, infact, she enjoyed his company very much as did he enjoy hers. The passed few weeks they'd grown close, spending almost ALL of their time together.

"You have a problem making eye contact." Lexi said in more of a question as she walked backwards ahead of Newt, so that she was facing him.

They'd been on one of their daily strolls around the grounds of Hogwarts. This was usually the time they'd talk deeply about things. Or when it was late into the night after tending to his creatures!

Newt flashed a glance at her with a quick worried half smile.

"I'm sorry." He said quietly.

"I didn't say it was a problem. Don't be sorry. It's adorable!" Lexi smiled graciously.

She spun around and continued walking as they both blushed. Deep down, she was sad and a little scared to be leaving Hogwarts. But there was something in her that was excited and full of wonder for a new adventure.

"You're sad to leave..?" Newt spoke as they sat side by side on a thick tree branch, dangling their feet above the ground.

It was a spot they both loved. Lexi loved it especially because of how green the grass seemed to be in that particular area. She nodded to Newt with a small half smile as she felt the pit of her stomach knot up.

"Kind of." She shrugged.

Newt took a moment to study her energy before he spoke,

"Can I tell you a secret?" He asked quietly, unsure of how to make her feel better.

She looked at him, waiting to hear what his secret was.

"You know how I have this case, and it's enchanted?" He asked.

"Yeah..? Don't tell me I gotta live in a case!" Lexi chuckled quizzically.

"N-no! Of course not!" Newt chuckled back at her.

"Good! Because cleaning out my stall would be a tall order!" Lexi tried to make light and laugh, making him laugh and shake his head.

There was a brief silence before he spoke.

"You know, back home, much like my case.. I have a basement. Enchanted of course, highly illegal, full of creatures I tend to daily." Newt admitted.

Lexi looked at him with a sarcastic raised brow,

"So I'm running away with a criminal?" She laughed.

"No- well, sort of. Yes. They are creatures I've rescued." He stumbled out.

"At least you're cute." She snorted.

Newt looked at her with wide eyes and blushed.

"The creatures, are they The same kind from your case?" Lexi asked more curiously now.

"And others you haven't met yet. Some too big or too feisty to take with me in my case. Others I just don't have the room for, like the Kelpie." He explained as her eyes filled with wonder.

"What's a Kelpie!?" She asked as she scooted closer to him, giving him her full attention.

"Well a Kelpie is a water demon. Mostly mistakes for Loch Ness by muggles. Though closely related, It takes the shape of a giant horse like creature only it's made up entirely of-"