Release.

A/N: HOLD ONTO YOUR ASSES. MATURE CONTENT AHEAD. 🔥 also- I just love this sweet face of his in the chapter cover!!

"Newt, I'm so nervous. What if they hate me..." she whispered as she clung to his arm while they walked through the ministry.

"Impossible. They'll love you." He pep talked her.

"Newt Scamander, and Lexi Bradshaw. Here for appointments." He spoke to the front desk as she handed both of them a card each.

"Wait, they're separating us?" Lexi slightly panicked.

"Only round the corner from each other. I'm afraid we must stay in our designated waiting areas." He gave her a sympathetic look.

"I don't know, Newt... what if something bad happens.." she worried.

"I'll be right over there, around that corner waiting." He reassured her before taking his seat.

Lexi watched as he played little games with Pick, chasing him on the floor of the hallway until she heard a female voice.

"They're ready for you Newt." She said.

"Leta. What're you doing here?" Newts voice shook out.

"Leta!?" Lexi whispered to herself.

Leta. Like. The. Leta. Oh that bitch.

She thought to herself as her ears perked up. She'd heard lots of stories of Leta Lestrange and what she'd caused Newt to go through. And then to date and become engaged to his own brother! Ugh! It made Lexi sick. In her world that was a huge betrayal. And poor Newt! Stumbling over his words for her, not knowing what to say as she dragged him along like a puppy! She knew she was his weakness! Lexi listened as Leta brought up memories from their past and that was when she'd had it. She'd put Newt in this position to seem like the lonely ex who couldn't succeed without her. Who the HELL did she think she was!

"Oh that's IT." She said to herself as she flipped her hair, stood up, fixed herself and strutted confidently that direction.

Her heels clicked with a sassy strut as she plastered a fake smile and began her cover-

"Newt! There you are! Sorry I'm late honey! I got caught up preparing for tonight's dinner!" Lexi squealed in a high pitched excited tone as Newt spun around in confusion, eyes wide.

As he turned around, she took a dramatically brave step, pulling him into her by his open coat and planting a deep, sensual kiss on his perfect lips.

*Take the bait Newt..* She thought as he stood frozen for a split second before returning the kiss, holding her waist almost too tightly with his fingertips.

*There you go, baby. Make that bitch jealous. Show her what she's missing.* Lexi thought as her fingers tangled in his hair.

"I-Missed-You-Baby! Last night was amazing." She giggled childishly into his kisses that he returned, although confused.

She pulled away from the kiss and gave him the 'follow along' look as he was purely and entirely shocked.

"I missed you too." He smirked before turning to Leta who had a strange expression.

"Oh- um- Leta this is Lexi, Lexi this is Leta Lestrange." Newt introduced as he wiped the corners of his mouth with blistering red cheeks and a goofy smile.

"Oh! You're Leta! So THIS is the ex that got you expelled and then broke up with you for your brother? Yikes. Nice to meet you, sweetie." Lexi snidely replied as she looked her up and down.