Testing.

The next morning, Newt was up early, just incase Lexi panicked by falling asleep in the case surrounded by all of these creatures. He didn't want to leave her alone. Lexi was awoken by a quiet stirring and the sound of Newts hushed voice scolding Teddy. She sat up, rubbing her eyes, slightly confused.

"Good morning! I'm sorry if I woke you, um.. Teddy stole this while you were sleeping." Newt greeted before flashing her silver charm bracelet and handing it over carefully.

"Oh! Good morning!" She giggled and took the bracelet from him.

"You must be hungry. We didn't eat dinner last night." Newt stated factually as he finished up locking everyone up where they belong.

Lexi stood up from the cot and let out a stretch before she fixed her clothes, realizing she probably looked a mess!

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to fall asleep here. You could've woken me up, I would have gone to my room."  She shook her head bashfully.

"Oh it's quite alright, I fall asleep there most nights when I'm away from home!" Newt smiled generously.

They stood there in an awkward silence for a moment before,

"Would you like some breakfast?" He asked nervously.

"Mm, yes! But- maybe a shower first." Lexi giggled at her grass stained knees from the day before.

"Oh, right, of course. Do you know where you're going or would you like me to show you?" Newt asked her as they climbed out of the case.

"Can you show me?" She asked, even though she knew the showers were within the house she was staying in. She'd been here 2 months. But, he just seemed so happy like he wanted to, so she didn't want to let him down.

"Come on!" He smiled, leading her down the halls of Hogwarts.

"I know I'm staying in like... a room with beds... and yellow curtains." Lexi stated.

"Gryffindor?" Newt asked as they continued walking.

"Is the animal a badger?" She asked, not remembering.

"That would be Hufflepuff then." Newt smiled at her.

"Oh right! Black and yellow. There's lots of black and yellow in there." She giggled to herself.

"You know, when I was here, I was sorted into Hufflepuff." Newt stated, making easy conversation with Lexi.

"Really? How does that work anyway?" Lexi asked as she continued walking with him.

"Well there's a sorting hat, Dumbledore places it on your head, and the hat sorts you to your house based off of your character." Newt explained with a sweet side eye.

"Ohhhhhh, okay. So like, it just tells you what house you're in?" She clarified.

"The sorting hat talks, yes." He chuckled.

"Of course the hat talks." Lexi laughed at herself for not expecting that.

"Right! Here we are! I'll uh, leave you to it then. I'll be where we met at, the dining hall, remember?" Newt confirmed with Lexi to be sure she didn't need to be escorted back too.

"I remember." She smiled and blushed.

"I suspect Dumbledore would like a report, I'll see if he wants to join us." Newt smiled before he patted her shoulder awkwardly and disapparated out of the hall, leaving Lexi alone.

She let out a slow exhale and shook her head at herself before she opened the giant doors to the Hufflepuff common room. After her shower, she found herself stressing about what to wear today.