The Case.

*AN* yes I'm a marvel fan, no I'm not sorry, yes there will be dozens and dozens of marvel references and quotes in this book. Because I said so. I love you guys! P.S. - brownie points to anyone who calls out the Marvel Easter eggs in my book! We're now best friends. Anyway-let's get into it.

Later that evening, as promised, Newt let Lexi accompany him in his case and meet his creatures. Lexi was unsure about stepping into the case at first. It's not a natural thing to do. People don't just put their feet in a suitcase and climb in! Newt stepped in first, but turned back when he noticed she wasn't behind him. He stepped back up the ladder and poked his head out to see her standing there, unsure, a little scared of the unknown!

"Take my hand." Newt spoke softly with a small smile.

"I can't. The. Thing. I do.. You'll feel it.." She replied nervously.

"It's alright. You won't hurt me." He reassured her softly with his hand outreached to her.

Hesitantly, she out with, finger tips beginning to glow an aqua teal, placing her small hand in his. Newt felt the energy shift through him immediately, though he kept his reaction to himself in order for Lexi to gain a little more confidence. She calmed the moment she realized he was not reactive or affected by her powers. Or at least didn't show it. He carefully led her into the case, helping her down the ladder once she was inside.

"This is crazy!" She giggled, trying to make sense of it, "I'm inside a briefcase!"

Newt admired her reaction as she absorbed her surroundings. He showed her around as she helped him prepare and feed the creatures he wrote about in his book. Newt giggled when the bowtruckles climbed all over her, being particularly interested in her hair.

"I think they think you're-"

"A tree?" Lexi flatly finished his sentence with a chuckle, unamused.

Once all of the sweet little Bowtruckles we're back in their home, Newt had a sweet surprise for Lexi.

Newt happily showed Lexi his creatures, from the augeries, to the moon calves, the erumpets and of course the infamous Dougal the demiguise! Lexi smiled with wonder and greeted each creature happily, asking tons of questions and referencing Newt's book. Newt began to feel more at ease around this girl, allowing him to become more relaxed, more... himself.

"I'd like you to meet someone." Newt said with a smile as he pulled a small creature from an enclosure.

"Is that!?" Lexi gasped with excitement, eyes beginning to glow a happy turquoise glimmer.

"Lexi, meet Teddy. My Niffler." Newt introduced sweetly as he displayed the cute little creature.

"Hi, Teddy!" Lexi smiled wide, trying to contain her joy.

"Hes quite cute, though He's a bit of a pain really!" Newt chuckled as Teddy tried to escape his grasp.

Lexi instinctively reached out her small hand to touch him before realizing it might be rude not to ask first...

"Ca- can I hold him?" She asked bashfully.

Newt nodded small after flashing those green eyes and a quick smirk before he moved closer to her, standing inches apart as he slowly, gently placed the small animal in her hands. Teddy immediately took to her, sniffing her hair and scaling her like a tree, pilfering for something shiny of hers to snatch and gaining several giggles out of her. Within moments, Newt's eyes became wide with wonder mixed with concern. The Niffler seemed unaffected by Lexi's emotion literally radiating through her, igniting the green in her hair and in her hands, leaving trails of teal bioluminescence through her veins in her wrists.