Chapter 2..

Riddhi's POV... (Present day)

"Noooooooo...... Don't leave me Maa.... Paa wait....."

I sat up straight and looked around my surroundings. It was darkness all around. I looked for my phone and saw the time. It was 2:30 in the morning. I looked at Ritwik who was sleeping soundly next to me hugging his favorite teddy. I gently stroked his hairs and kissed his temple. It was the same nightmare and I could not do anything about it.

I sighed and looked above.

I miss you Maa... I miss you Paa... Wish you guys were here with me. I am all alone!!

A tear rolled down my cheeks and I didn't care to wipe it. I took the water bottle and drank all of it and layed on my bed. The flashback of that day kept coming in front of my eyes. And I don't know when I fell asleep.

As soon as the sun rays hit my eye's I opened them adjusting with the light. I sat up straight and sighed. Another day, another morning without them. My heart broke from inside.

Riddhi you need to stay strong. You have Ritwik with you. I reminded myself continuously since last few days. After completing my morning routine I woke Ritwik up and helped him with the same and helped him dress.

"Hi Riddhi.... here's your breakfast" I looked at the source of the voice and saw Winnie di, a senior from school who was also staying in this hostel after her parent's transfer to a different city.

"Thank you Winnie Di..." I said with a soft smile. She was the only one who took care of me and Ritwik since that night. She took care of the hostel management and requested them to give us a shelter for few days. And today's the last day. I don't know where will I go. I don't know what will I do after this. Guessing what must be going in mind she interrupted my long chain of thoughts.

"Hey... chill... have your breakfast. I know what you are thinking. Don't worry. I will talk with the management again so that they let you stay here for few days." she said patting my shoulder.

"Ritwik come on... Today Winnie didi will feed you" She said taking Ritwik on her lap and feeding him.

"Di.... I told you na I was applying and I have an interview today at the Singhania's. Can you please take care of Ritwik until I return?"

"Ofcourse babe! Happily... You go and get ready."

I got up and got dressed for the interview. I wore a simple white kurti and blue jeans. Tieing my hairs in a simple braids. I took my bag and my phone and started looking for Di and Ritwik who were playing in the garden.

"Di, I am leaving" I said kissing Ritwik in his cheeks who returned the kiss.

"All the best my love. Also take this cash" Winnie Di said handing some cash to me.

"No Di... What ever you did for me and Ritwik and still doing I am already under debt... please don't do this. I have cash at the moment but if I need them I will ask you." I said hugging her tightly. I am so blessed I got her when I was all alone.

"Don't talk rubbish. You are my little sister and I know we didn't knew each other back in school but that doesn't change anything. So you go right now, don't worry about Ritwik." She said pushing me towards the door. 

.

.

.

.

30 Minutes later I was standing in front of a big glass building. I never thought I will have to start working so early. All my dreams of becoming an Engineer got shattered. I smiled to myself. Wiping away my tears and thoughts away I approached towards the building.