Chapter 4

Riddhi's POV:

"Get inside the car..." I heard him while I was still lost with what happened few minutes back.

I looked at him equally shocked, frightened. I couldn't understand what he just told.

"Can you hear me?" he asked again looking at his phone.

His words were not making any sense to me. What was he saying? Why does it sound gibberish to me?

"Hello Madam, I don't have the entire night to waste with you. Get inside the car" He snapped his fingers in front of my eyes.

"Uh.. What? Sorry what?" I said not knowing what exactly I am speaking.

I guess the incidents that are happening  since the last few days are making me loose my ability to think and react.

He closed his eyes for a second and sighed looking upwards as if communicating with the god.

"Get inside the car.." He said and walked past me towards the drivers sit.

I did as I was told to do. I sat on the passenger seat and placed Ritwik who was still frightened.

"Didiya where will we go now?" Ritwik whispered in my ears.

Even I had no answer to this.

I made him face me and wiped his tears.

"Don't worry, you are my big boy nah? And big boy's don't cry"  I said smiling at him

I looked at my side who was typing something over his phone.

"Thank you Mr Singhania... Thank you for helping me and my.." I was cut by him as he continued.

"That's fine. But if I am not mistaken you came to my office today right? What are you doing here at this hour? This lane isn't safe for girls for your information." He stated buckling his seat belt while I lowered my face.

"Never mind, Tell me your address I will drop you there." He spoke again making me go blank.

What should I say? Where can I go? I have no phone else I would have called Sam, she would have managed something for me. Shit. I don't even remember her number from which she texted. I looked at Ritwik who looked at me. Fear was evident from his face.

"I can't believe this. Do you want me to repeat every time I say something to you?" He said interrupting my thoughts.

"Ummm... you can drop me anywhere in the main city where ever I will be safe.." I replied slowly lowering my head.

"Why? You don't wanna go home or your parent's have thrown you away? He mocked and started the engine but little did he knew he broke my already broken heart again.

I sighed fighting back my tears which may fall anytime soon.

"We don't have a home. We lost our parent's five days ago and you are right, we have been thrown out of our own house by our paternal uncle n aunt." I replied but my voice shook at the end while I was trying hard not to.

I felt a push because of his sudden break but a strong hand came in front of me which stopped me from breaking my front teeth.

I turned to my right and saw he was already looking at me. But this time his eyes nor his body language was rude like what I witnessed in the morning or few minutes before.

Five minutes later we were still looking at each other when his phone rang. He pulled out his phone and put it in his ears making me a bit uncomfortable while I looked down at Ritwik who fell asleep and I didn't realize when.