Chapter 5

It was around 11 at night. Mr Singhania ordered food for us and I offered him to help him with the dishes for which he refused at first but then he accepted. So now I am at the kitchen washing dishes when I heard someone clearing his throat. I turned around and saw Mr Singhania wearing a white tee- shirt pairing it with a black track pants. I smiled as he nodded and I got back to work and he stood there tapping his phone.

"Mr Singhania... Is there anything else that I can help you with?" I asked turning towards him who seemed like he was lost somewhere.

.........

"Mr Singhania..?"

"Yeah... Riddhima I need to talk to you..." He said and exited the room without waiting for me. As always I followed him to the living area where I found him sitting on the couch. I walked towards him and beside him.

"Sit..." he said and I did the same.

"I know I am not suppose to ask you but then..." I cut him this time.

"It's okay Mr Singhania. You can ask me." I replied with a smile.

He left a deep sigh.

"Riddhima.... I don't know if you want to share... but you can." He said and I felt a heavy weight in my heart.

I tried to fight back my tears until I felt a strong hand on my hand

"You can trust me" and that was my breaking point.

I told him everything, everything regarding my life, my parents, studies, school and at last my parent's death. As I continued he listened to me patiently and throughout the time he was holding my hand.

"Hmmmm.... So you are waiting for your 12th and JEE Mains result?" He asked and I nodded.

"So, what have you thought? What will you study..?" He asked again making me chuckle.

"I wanted to study Computer Engineering..." I smiled and continued " But guess what? Now I am searching for jobs because I need to earn so that I can support myself and Ritwik." A tear rolled down my cheeks.

"I am sorry for what happened yesterday morning. You can join my company" He said and I looked at him shocked.

"What? No... I mean... See Mr Singhania... I kno..." I started only to get cut

"You can call me Krrish."

"Eh?"

"Not again Riddhima... Please I can't repeat myself every time..." He said getting up from the sofa.

I was still looking at him as if he was some kind of an alien who is suddenly trying to get friendly with me.

"You can sleep for now. And by the way... what will Ritwik do if you start working?" He asked again typing something on his phone.

"Well, his school has creche service as well so I can keep him there." I replied as I got up from the sofa too.

"Great! Listen I need to be at the office at 9 in the morning. So I hope you would be able to drop Ritwik at his school and meet me at the office. okay?"

I nodded as we walked towards our rooms.

Just when I was about to open the door to my room I stopped at my tracks and turned around.

"Good Night Mr Singhania.." I said with a smile.

He turned around to face me and replied "It's Krrish for you.."

I looked at him with my soccer like big eyes.

Is he serious? Mr Singhania... The CEO of Singhania Group Of Companies is asking me to call him by his name?

.

.

.

.

.

I made muesli for Ritwik who was eating in the kitchen counter while I was making Pie for me and Krrish in the Kitchen when I heard Krrish screaming at someone on the phone while getting off the stairs.

"Abhinav I don't care how will you do this. I need all the details by this afternoon else you can directly send your resignation to my table."

I looked at Krrish who just threw the phone on the sofa looking frustrated. He kept walking to and fro in the living room while ranting something to himself. I narrowed my eyes and then I figured out he was trying to make a tie for himself. I sighed and shook my head.

I walked towards him with two plates of pie's and cleared my throat. It was then he realised and looked at me acknowledging my presence.

"Oh... Good Morning Riddhima.." He said and looked behind me... "Good morning Champ.."

"Goooooooooood Moooooooorrrrnnnniiiiiinnnnnggggggggggg Ttttttttttiiiiiiissssshhhhh Bhaaaaaiiiiiiiyyyyaaaaaa" Ritwik replied making me roll my eyes.

Tish Bhaiya? They just met yesterday.

"Okay, now this was new" Krrish said chuckling taking his phone from the sofa.

"I am sorry... I don't know but he has this weird habit of singing good morning to everyone and also he can't pronounce K and thus he is calling you Tish" I replied making both of them laugh.

I narrowed my eyes at both of them and stomped my feet off as I turned and walked towards the kitchen not before keeping his plate on the table. I looked back at Krrish who was busy eating as I smiled. After completing my breakfast I kept the dishes on the sink. I turned around only to get collided with Krrish as he held my arm strong.

I didn't dare to look at him as he kept his dish on the sink while he pressed me between him and the kitchen counter. Realizing our proximity he stepped back clearing his throat.

I looked around taking the strings of my hairs behind my ears.

"Uh... Riddhi... Can you tie this for me?" He extended his hands with a tie on it as I looked at his hand and then at him and took the tie as I wrapped the tie around his neck.

"Do you mind If I call you Riddhi...?" He asked again and I turned my head signaling him a 'NO' 

"The driver is waiting for you downstairs. Drop Ritwik and reach office. I will see you there." He said as I was done with the tie. He stepped back and left as I left my breath that I was holding for a long time.

What is he upto?

I sighed and looked at the clock to my left. It showed 08:45AM.

Fuck.

I ran towards my room and wore one of the dress that Krrish bought for me yesterday.  Fifteen minutes later I was standing in front of the mirror wearing a baby pink informal shirt paired with a creme informal pants. Taking my purse, I ran down the stairs only to find Ritwik struggling with his shoe.

"Come Ritwik we need to leave..." I said putting Ritwik down the sofa and we exited as we drove to our way to Ritwik's school.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------