new moon

Moondust in your lungs,

stars in your eyes,

you are a child of the cosmos,

a ruler of the sky

Taehyung

"Mr. Kim! I am sorry to butt in... But Taehyung is also dating!" Jungkook said with a charming, convincing voice. If Taehyung hadn't been the subject of the sentence he would have believed him too.

It was ridiculous, so the second the absurd words were spilling out of Jungkook's mouth, Taehyung's brain and thoughts came to a halt. He couldn't say anything but let out an unamused laugh and one simple question.

"Am I?" He still tried to make sense of the situation.

All eyes were on him, including his father, because he was not dating, and he definitely did not intend to.

It had started as any other usual, dull day for Taehyung. He finished his classes and rushed straight home to take care of his homework, hoping the evening would allow him some time to watch a new episode of a tv series.

He even passed on Jimin's offer to go out for a coffee after school. He just wanted the summer break to come and let him relax for a while.

Now what he didn't expect was to receive an unexpected call from his brother's secret boyfriend, Soobin, asking him to come to the hospital.

Yes, you heard me right. Yeonjun and Taehyung's parents had a very strict dating policy. Long story short, their sons were not allowed to date anyone until they graduate.

That... unless Taehyung was the first to have a partner because he was the oldest and more responsible brother, perfect in their father's eyes. He was so convinced his son had no intention to waste his time on dating that he agreed to change the rule in case Taehyung would end up bringing someone home.

And so it never happened. Taehyung did not bring anyone home, so Yeonjun did what any other 16 years old teenager would have done. Date behind their parent's backs.

It didn't come off surprisingly when Taehyung received that call from Soobin. He rushed to the hospital to help his younger brother out.

Surprisingly, Jeon Jungkook, Soobin's best friend, was there as well. And well, Jungkook and Taehyung had a history. To get straight to the point, they didn't like each other. One bit.

So when the events of that night continued to unfold, and they ended up facing the Kim's father, the last thing Taehyung expected was for Jeon Jungkook to intervene and lie to his father about his dating status.

"Who is Taehyung dating? We have a pretty good relationship, and I think I would have known if he was dating someone."

See, Tayung's father knew him pretty well. They couldn't fool him even if they tried.

But Jungkook went ahead and continued with the bullshit. "Me! He... he's dating me. We've been dating for the past half a year. I... am sorry you had to find out like this...."

That's it. The moment Taehyung had lost it.

And he was pretty sure everyone present there did too.

His heart was beating a thousand miles per hour; he wanted to scream, to fight; he even considered murdering Jeon Jungkook.