waxing gibbous pt 1

waxing gibbous

1. a phase of the moon
2. this phase occurs between the first quarter and full moon and describes the moon when it is more than half lit, but not yet fully.

Taehyung

"So, Taehyungie darling, let grandma ask you something." Taehyung's grandmother was in her seventies, but still strong and vigorous for her age. She was independent and had always been Taehyung's go-to person.

Even though they are living apart now, the grandson still called her once every two/three days, making sure he was not neglecting her. He was well aware that being apart from the family she'd been living with for the most part of her life felt lonely, but the family tried to make the distance feel less "distant".

Hence, she loved asking the family to come over to Daegu every summer, using the cleaning of her house as a pretext to see her grandkids, those grandkids that she had very much raised during the days the Kims worked from dusk till dawn to provide for the family.

She was loving, witty, and a very good friend to both Taehyung and Yeonjun. They spent their childhood in that house with her, and Taehyung always looked back to those times with happiness with a genuine smile plastered on his face. Maybe he started growing up at some point, and some things had become difficult, and maybe others got out of hand, but he didn't let it affect the precious memories he had from growing up there, in that old house, in that city.

Upon his grandmother's request, Taehyung excused himself from the rest of the family and Jungkook and joined his grandmother in the kitchen.

He felt particularly wary of the question that was about to come, as he could recognize the look in his grandmother's eyes. She knew something.

He took a seat on one of her old, wooden chairs after helping her sit too.

"What did you want to ask me?"

She smiled, pouring hot tea into a cup for him, and then proceeded to fill her own. "Why are you and that pretty boy in the living room trying to fool your parents?" Her smile wasn't vicious, maybe curious more than anything. Curious, but at the same time canny.

Taehyung's eyes grew into two wide, big orbits. "W-what do you mean?"

She rolled her eyes disapprovingly. "Come on, you can play around as much as you want around those foolish parents of yours, and don't get me wrong, I love them, but I'm not them.."

Taehyung sighed, quickly going over the situation. He didn't expect her to find out that fast. "It's been two hours since we arrived, and we've barely eaten, how..." As he raised his head, he couldn't not notice her raised eyebrow, sharp eyes looking right through him, past the lies he had continuously laid down in front of her. "How did you know?"

"Ehh..." She blew the hot steam away before sipping from her cup. "I saw the way you look at each other, darling."

Taehyung did not look at Jungkook in any way. Actually, he tried to learn from Jimin's endless lectures and did his best not to glare at people, especially Jungkook, anymore.

More than that, he had been satisfied with the way events had eventually unfolded. He was pleased Jungkook joined them after all. His father almost swallowed his tongue when he had to stop the car and help Jungkook out with his luggage. Not in a million years did he expect Jungkook would come.