moonset

Taehyung

"What the hell happened in Daegu?" Jimin's eyes were trying to escape their orbits, frustrated more than anything, not managing to keep up with Taehyung's confession.

Truthfully, Taehyung had been totally aware that was going to happen. He knew exactly what he had told Jimin just a couple of weeks ago, he knew his plan was immaculate and was convinced he was going to make it happen. He wanted to make Jungkook give up on their fake relationship, which, by the way, he almost succeeded, but instead of going on with it, he begged Jungkook not to do it.

He failed miserably, knowingly, but miserably.

Everything went wrong and it all started with Taehyung totally forgetting about his plan, and more or less going with the flow. He accepted Jungkook in his life, letting him hit Taehyung like a hurricane. He was fascinated, and curious, he wanted to know more of him, to get closer to him. It was insane, not what he had expected, but Jungkook completely made him forget he had ever held a grudge against him.

Of course, he loved annoying him, he loved calling Jungkook out on each mistake he made, and he liked teasing him, but it was part of a dynamic that had formed between them. Taehyung didn't know how to explain it, he didn't know how to call it, but it was there.

But how was he going to explain that to Jimin?

He didn't even get to unpack properly when Jimin had already texted him. He and Jungkook had parted ways at the train station after they arrived back in Seoul, leaving Taehyung with a bad taste in his mouth. He wanted to spend a bit more time with Jungkook, he wasn't ready to just not see him for a long time, not when he had just gotten used to sharing a bed with him.

And they had so many things to talk about, yet neither had the courage to talk about anything of importance. Maybe it was not the time nor the place, but Taehyung doubted there will be one in the near future.

When he got home to an empty house, he realized there were still around three days until his parents were to come back, and he would be surviving on instant ramyun and noodles. But that wasn't the worst part, the worst part was that they were going to come back in three days, and Taehyung had no idea how to face his dad again.

Leaving his home was out of the question, but his chest had a suffocating tightness. The anger was fuelled by his own pride, he didn't want to be dependent on his father's money, and he didn't want to live under his roof, keeping on being disregarded. His father saw him like a child, and the most frustrating part of it all, Taehyung felt like one. He couldn't do anything without his parents even if he tried, so there wasn't much for him to do.

He wouldn't apologize, obviously, not when he knew his father had been absurd, but the tension around the house was clearly going to be thick. The only consolation he was left with was ... thinking of a long-term solution. Taehyung liked plans, they offered him comfort and peace of mind, he had to have everything planned, and even if it meant his plan would be different from his father's, he would still have it all laid down.

But today that wasn't the problem. Today's problem was Jimin standing right in front of Taehyung, demanding answers.

The second Taehyung arrived at his home, he called his mother and assured her everything was alright and that had made it safely home, and soon after Jimin was already in front of his door, confused, knowing Taehyung was to be in Daegu for another three days.