first quarter

Taehyung

Call it the knights of the round table or whatever, but there were only five, not a single knight in shining armor, and the table in question was a school cafeteria round table.

Taehyung didn't remember whose idea it was for them to gather during the lunch break and make such a big deal out of it. It was a big deal, but only for Taehyung who was soon going to be seen as a liar before his father's eyes, and for Jungkook, from the pensive expression on his face, he didn't seem to care much.

Taehyung didn't want to be there, he didn't plan to get involved in his brother's affairs, and most importantly, he did not want to sit at the same table with Jeon Jungkook.

"Tae, are you listening to me?" Jimin pulled at his sleeve to catch his attention.

"Oh, what were you saying?" When he turned to Jimin, his stare was vacant, and it took him some time to pull himself out of that dumbfounded state.

Jimin's voice was low, trying to ensure only Taehyung could hear him. "You are doing that again."

"What?"

"That thing with your face. You look like you are about to kill everyone with that stare."

Oh, maybe Jimin was not wrong this time .

Soobin, Jungkook, and Jin were seated at the same table with Jimin and Taehyung the following day after Mr. Kim found out Yeonjun and Soobin were dating. Yeonjun was home on sick leave, but he couldn't have missed the meeting of the century, so he was present too, looking at them through the screen of Soobin's phone.

What a sight for the entire high school.

Back to the main issue at hand. It was clear they didn't just suddenly decide to be best friends, they have gathered to find solutions to fix Jungkook's massive slip-up.

The previous night did not end as peacefully as it had begun because as soon as Taehyung was alone with his parents, his father sat him down and lectured him about lying to him for around two hours.

Two hours when Taehyung had to give his father details about his nonexistent relationship with Jeon Jungkook, a skater boy with bad grades and a terrible reputation.

Not only that, but Taehyung also had to pretend he cared so much about him that he was afraid his parents would forbid their relationship, coming up with reasons for hiding it behind his family's back.

Everything Taehyung said was pure word-vomit because he couldn't find any ways to free himself from that hopeless situation, not at that moment, so he kept on putting lies back to back, hoping they would make sense and his father would believe them.

However, the night is a good counselor, so Taehyung had all that time to come back with a b plan.

"Since I'm the victim of this whole situation, I have a proposal."

The eyes on the table turned to him, especially Jungkook's. Taehyung didn't like it one bit. The entire atmosphere was stiff, everyone there having their own motives for being tense, except for Jin and Jimin.

Jungkook and Taehyung clearly did not want to spend another second in each other's presence, while Yeonjun and Soobin had their mind set on convincing them otherwise. Jimin was there to support Taehyung, and Jin, Jungkook's cousin, was there to bring objective arguments to the table and make sure no one was getting hurt.