waxing crescent

Jungkook's pov

"No." Jungkook simply replied categorically after hearing his best friend's request. He was tapping his fingers against his longboard, trying to keep calm.

Soobin could have asked him for all the things in the world but went for the dumbest shit Jungkook had ever heard. He lit a cigarette, letting Soobin's excitement slowly die off his face.

"Wait, why?"

"Soobin, how did this pretty head of yours think, even for one second, I'd simply agree to this shit?"

Pretending to fall in love with none other than the Kim Taehyung.

Right, no, thank you.

"Because you are my best friend? And it would help me! Look, Jungkook, I'll buy you drinks and cigarettes for the rest of this year, and I promise I will never ask something like this from you ever again!"

Pause.

That's when Jungkook paused it to process whatever had happened.

So here he was, school was over, it was barely 2 pm, he had all day to himself to waste, just like any other day.

He could have done many things like staying outside listening to the birds singing, maybe falling asleep on the grass under a tree after counting clouds in the clear sky; he wanted today to be chill.

This is anything but chill.

When Soobin asked to meet him after classes, Jungkook thought it would be just the two of them hanging out like any other day; Kim Taehyung was not supposed to join them, even if it was hypothetically.

To briefly summarise: Soobin returned from Europe a couple of months ago, and being friends with Jungkook ever since they were kids, they started hanging out again.

Jungkook had never been picky about the people he would hang out with, but he liked Soobin. Therefore, they started hanging out a lot. Jungkook was rarely at home, and Soobin just loved having Jungkook listen to his existential crisis, always offering the simplest solutions to his problems.

Jungkook wasn't new to the whole Yeonjun-Soobin love story because Soobin made sure to ask Jungkook for advice with every little inconvenience that got in his way between him and the love of his life. However, as days passed, it became evident that his best friend was not destined to date this high-school celebrity, Yeonjun.

Everyone in school knew about the no-dating policy of the Kims, but somehow Yeonjun had made a deal breaker arrangement with his father. All they had to do was get the older brother, Taehyung, to date.

And Soobin had found the perfect suitor for the job. Jeon Jungkook.

However, Jungkook was far from agreeing with his trashy strategy.

First, because Jungkook had no reason to do it; second, he wouldn't spend his time with Kim Taehyung even if they were the last two people on earth.

Jungkook was a simple guy and preferred going along with life without complicating it fruitlessly. He liked things to happen naturally; forcing a friendship, or even worse, a relationship, was not on Jungkook's to-do list.

So what did Soobin think when he just dropped the bomb? That Jungkook was just going to say yes?

No fucking way.