THIRTY THREE

Constance

"We should leave out of here, it's getting hot," I broke eye contact with her, afraid of the intensity that seared between us. I played with the collar of my top, opening the door for Vivianne.

"Vee?"

A pretty dark skin girl with one of those white ripped dresses over her curves stood with her arms crossed next to a NBA-height nigga.

"Izzy," Vee's mouth fell open.

"You gettin' down like that now?" the girl commented, probably taking in the way Vee's clothes looked all rumpled and stuff now.

"You not one to judge...you gotta reputation, Izzy."

"Iz...why we keep runnin' into this shawty? You know I don't play this ex shit, I'll shoot a bitch's titties off, no Queen Latifah," the nigga said, looking pissed.

"Who the fuck he talkin' bout," I snapped, standing in front of Vee. "Yeen shootin' shit off."

"Alright, alright. Let's just go inside. I'll give you head like you want, Tyone," she looked up at him, laying a hand on his chest.

As she moved her head I caught a glimpse of an expertly hidden bruise on her neck- and it didn't look like the sexual kind.

"Izzy, you don't deserve this," Vee said, coming close to her, staring into her eyes, "You don't."

"I know my worth, Vee. That's why I let you leave me," she whispered, letting go of Vivianne's hands.

"C'mon, Vee," I snatched her away a bit roughly, staring the nigga up and down as we left from the room.

"Sorry, Con," Vee mumbled.

"It ain't yo fault. She coulda just saw you and kept it pushin'- but no."

"Constance, can you take me home?" she asked gently.

I looked down at her, and pulled her close to me, "Yeah I can do that for you."

"Oh hell nooo!" Angelle hollered, pushing through like seven people in the crowd and stopping right in front of me out of nowhere.

"Angelle, chill," Arnae held her arm, obviously drunk too.

"You leavin' the party with this bitch? After you ruin my night?" she yelled.

Vee looked at me angrily. "So you was with her?"

"Talkin' bout people ate you out!" Angelle kept talking.

Vee shoved me away, glaring at Angelle as she walked past her.

I took a step towards Arnae and her friend. "Why you gotta ruin everything bro?"

"You? You the one who approached me at the party!" she shouted.

Go after Vee, I thought. Stop arguing with Angelle.

"You told me to fuckin' come! You dared me to! You don't remember that?" I snapped.

"Whateverrr!" Angelle sung, bending over and shaking her ass in my face. Arnae hyped her up, laughing all over her.

"Fuck, Angelle," I sighed. "You need a ride home right now. Both of you are drunk as hell."

"Fuck a ride!" she shouted, pointing up both middle fingers and dancing around. People was starting to give us looks and I tried to get Arnae and Angelle together.

"Get off me! I don't want another Clark touchin' me," Arnae snapped. Her words were like hits to the chest.

My fists clenched. How'd I forget who the fuck she was to me? What little she meant to my father? What little I meant to him.

"Fine. Find Angelle a ride and get the fuck away from here. It isn't safe for either of you to be like this," I stated.

"I'll get us an Uber," Arnae said, clumsily pulling out her phone. I stood with them, watching her order for one, tapping my foot impatiently, wanting to be looking for Vee right about now.

She had heard things wrong, I'm sure. She thinks me and Angelle did something tonight...would it even be better if she knew that me and Meah had?

"There, you happy?" Arnae asked, swaying and showing me her phone.

I looked at her and Angelle, shaking my head.

If this is all they wanted to do with they lives then so be it. I pointed at Arnae, "Don't fuck up my lil brother's brain cells. If he's even my brother..."

"We'll know soon!" she shouted, "They said the paternity test will be back in a few days. There was an issue in the lab, bitch!"

"Fine," I looked her up and down, then left.

I searched through the sea of faces, trying to find Vee. When my frantic efforts weren't helping, I decided to go to the one place I had neglected to check.

The bar area.

Kynlee, Vee, and that girl with the fat ass in the Ethikas were having the time of their life. I snatched Kynlee and Vee away, giving the girl a nod. "Sorry, shawty."

I drug them out of the party by the arms out into the night air. "Kynlee, find a ride home," I ordered. "Call somebody right now. I'm taking Vee home but I'm not leaving until you get somewhere safely, too."

Kynlee started tearing up, falling into the grass, "I don't have anyone to pick me up...my people are gonna kill me, man," she sobbed.

"Fuck," I sighed.

Vee leaned against me, eyes half open.

Kynlee calmed down and I led both of them to my vehicle, putting Vee in the passenger seat and holding open the door for Kynlee to get in the back.

"Can you...drive?" Kynlee asked drunkily.

"I'll be fine. I'm way more experienced than the two of you driving in this condition," I stated. "Where do you live Kynlee?"

She gulped. "I'm gonna be in deep shit."

"Can you sneak in alright? Or are you gonna be MIA from practice cause of this incident?"

"I should be fine," she wiped her face. "But Vee..."

We both glanced over at her.

"I'll handle Vee," I said softly, moving one of her twists away from her face and adjusting her beanie right as she fell asleep. I pulled her seat belt across her and started the car.

"The next time the two of you go to a party-

"She's moving out of her parents and the way thing's are soundin', I don't think that's any time soon," Kynlee stated.

"Yeah," I agreed, pulling off.

Things definitely wouldn't be pretty for Vee.

Comment