THIRTY NINE

Constance

"How'd you sneak a whole Ps4 into the hotel. You know Coach said not to bring games, rii?" Vee commented, watching me from her bed.

"She said for y'all...come correct," I laughed.

"Well...can I play?" she pouted.

The curtains were drawn and it was dark outside.

"Sure," I brought out another controller and Vee and I played a bit of Fortnite.

"Even if the messages are fake, I still don't know if we should go back to talkin' if they look so real and they could get out," I said.

"I don't even care. I'm almost out of this school anyways and I could care less what anybody at school thinks about me anymore."

"How's life been without me?" I asked, pausing the game.

"I thought we was finna playyy...you wanna do this right now?"

I was a little hurt to be honest. "I thought you wanted to talk?"

"I did. A long time ago, Con," she said, sounding frustrated, "but now, a lot of me doesn't care anymore and I'm not even sure if I like you anymore. I just wanna play this game right now."

"Oh..." I stared down at the blanket, unpausing it. "I don't think I wanna play anymore. I'm gonna go shower."

I could feel her eyes on me watching me, but I sullenly got my stuff together to shower, not looking her way.

Comment