A parent's love [4]

We don't own a car, we take the bus! Taking the bus together during high school and university brought memories.

Talking to each other, I suddenly remembered a funny time. "Remember that time when we skipped school just because the both of us slept throughout the bus trip?"

We burst out laughing.

"My mum scolded me for 2 hours straight!"

Leaning on Taehyung's shoulder, with his hands on my thigh, I took a moment to realise how lucky I was to have him by my side.

[A FEW MINUTES LATER]

"That's our stop!" I hurriedly got up from the seat, got off the bus.

Walking and walking, I looked at Taehyung just to see a nervous look on him.

"It's not the first time you're meeting them... Why are you so nervous?" I held his hand and walked.

"Nervous? Why would I be nervous?" He lied through his teeth.

"Yah... Don't treat me like a fool, what's up?" I asked him again.

"*Sigh* I'm also not sure... I feel like today is different."

"If you feel uncomfortable, just tell me! I won't let you feel like that."

He nodded.

[AT THE HOUSE]

Opening the front gate, I walked in the house. "Eomma! Appa! I'm home!"

I took of my shoes and went to the living room just to see my younger brother, Yong Ho.

"You still eat the same snack, huh?"

Shoving the chips in his mouth, his eyes widened to see his elder sister!

"Noona!" He got up and hug me. "Hyung!" He greeted.

Yong Ho cleared the table and couch, making space for the both of us to sit.

"My daughter is home!" Appa called out.

"Where's eomma?" I looked around but she's nowhere to be found. 

"Ah, she went to get some groceries. She'll be back soon." The youngest in the room stated.

The tension in the living room began to be awkward and silent, before I got the chance to speak, "Uncle! How are you?"

Taehyung smiled, leaving a small smile that he is starting the conversation. "I've been well!" He laughed bitterly.

[TIME SKIP]

Eomma got home, talked for a little and went back to the kitchen to cook.

Oh how I missed my eomma's kimchi! Just the right amount of spiciness!

Taehyung and Yong Ho got along quite well, like real brothers!

"Taehyung and I got a small present for you guys." I took out the shopping bags and handed it them.

"Oh my gosh! This is the hoodie I wanted!" Yong Ho looked over to the both of us, happy.

"Thank you!" Him and appa thanked, "It's nothing."

"Just don't ruin it like the last one, okay?" We laughed.

Catching up for lost time, appa suddenly asked a question to Taehyung.

"Taehyung-shi, you will play basketball professionally, right? Does your parents know?" I was shocked as it was a sensitive question.

I made eye contact with him but he placed his hand on top of mine, "No, they don't. I like to live on my own, that's all."

Appa nodded, "Dinner time!" Eomma said.

Gathering at the dining table, she placed the dishes in the table. "I heard from y/n that Japchae is your favourite. Help yourself."

"Yes, thank you for the meal auntie!" He smiled.

"Is the house you're moving to ready? " Appa asked. " it's about 85 percent done." I replied while eating.

Chatting and chatting, " I heard that you're going to basketball professionally, right?" Eomma asked.

"Ah, yes. Basketball has always been a way for me to relieve stress since young." he explained.

"Maybe Hyung can teach me a few tricks or so. " Yung Ho said, making me look over to him with a death glare.

[ AFTER DINNER]

After that delicious dinner, we all gathered and sat down on the living room's couch. 

"We have to go now. See you soon!" I bided goodbye,." okay, see you! Good luck with moving! Call us if you need help! "

Walking down the road to the bus stop, taehyung was quiet. " Nothing went wrong! Why so glum? " he looked at me, " nothing. Like you said. I Worried for nothing."