✿|I{• 𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 •}I|✿

"I see you've met Alhaitham already?", your teacher smiled.

What...? Alhaitham wasn't even here yet. "Actually sir, I think he may be running late today as well, I haven't seen him yet," you replied.

The confusion in the look your teacher gave you was enough to make you question your entire existence. "What are you talking about? He's standing right behind you"

.......

You stared at your teacher for an entire minute, your brain struggling to process what he had just said. "P-pardon..?"

"How are you doing, Alhaitham? It's been a while," your teacher asked with a smile, looking at the gray-haired stranger beside you.

"I'm doing well sir, and you?", he replied, walking over to greet your teacher with a handshake.

"Haha, I've been doing just fine! This is Y/N, the student I was telling you about earlier. Thank you again for making time to tutor her,"

Wha-

WHAT?!?

A cold feeling paralyzed you as you slowly turned to look at the man beside you. This was Alhaitham? You let out a nervous laugh, refusing to believe the truth that was clearly standing right in front of you. A horrible sense of dread washed over you as you recalled your memories from your encounter with him yesterday:

'And whoever that Alhaitham guy is....he can go to hell for all I care. As if I need his help. Just another arrogant snobbish prick for me to deal with,'

Your words of yesterday echoed through your head as your teacher looked at you concerned.

"Is something wrong, Y/N?" he asked, noticing the horrified expression forming on your face.

You snapped out of your thoughts and turned to your teacher, avoiding eye contact with Alhaitham.

"No sir! Everything is fine," you answered, with the most convincing smile you could muster.

"Perfect! Then I'll leave you two to get started," your teacher exclaimed, turning to leave.

Your silent prayers for him to stay were of no avail and you helplessly watched as he strode out of the room, leaving you and Alhaitham in the same painful awkwardness.

......

You slowly turned to face Alhaitham, offering your hand for a handshake as you tried to ignore his berating stare at you.

Walking past you without another word, you watched as he made his way to the table, gesturing for you to sit down across from him. He reached down and brought up a stack of textbooks, each one as thick as the famous Adhigama wood found all over Sumeru. Placed on top of each other on the table, they towered well over your head.

You gulped nervously as you watched Alhaitham flip through the pages of the first textbook he grabbed.

"Open your textbook to page 647," he ordered, his voice as stiff as you remembered. You did as you were told and were relieved he didn't bring up anything from yesterday.

'Maybe he forgot about it....' you thought, turning to page 647.

"First we'll do these 10 problems," he said, pointing at the page.

You surveyed them, identifying the concepts. A bit of calculus, finding derivatives, and algebraic manipulation - all concepts that you were somewhat familiar with. 'This shouldn't be too hard...I think I'll be able to get through these in three hours or so,' you thought, nodding to yourself.